Berry Orange Banana Summer Smoothie!
An easy and incredibly refreshing summer smoothie made with berries, an orange, and a banana. Naturally gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free, this smoothie recipes makes the perfect summer drink, quick breakfast, or midday snack!
- 1 orange , peeled
- 1 cup frozen strawberries , sub raspberries
- 1 frozen ripe banana , cut into chunks
- ½ - 1½ cup milk of choice (I love this one)
- honey , to taste
To boost its nutritional value, I often like to add or swap in other ingredients to this smoothie! Here are a few ideas of things you can blend in with the berry orange banana smoothie recipe:
When adding in or swapping ingredients, keep in mind to adjust the amount of liquid.
- Hemp Seeds, Chia Seeds, or Flax Seeds: these mighty seeds pack loads of fiber, healthy fats, and omegas!
- Fresh spinach: adding fresh spinach is a GREAT way to get your greens in! Your smoothie will turn green, but I promise you won't even taste it!
- Vanilla Protein Powder or Collagen Peptides: adding more protein is especially good if you're making this smoothie for breakfast or a post-workout snack!
- Pineapple Chunks or Kiwi: want more summer vibes? add pineapple chunks or kiwis for a tropical flavor!