If you’re looking for the best countertop oven for baking cakes, here are our top 5 picks! These countertop ovens are some of the best ovens on the market and offer a variety of features that make them perfect for baking cakes. Just look at the thousands of positive customer reviews!
What to Look for in the Best Countertop Oven
When looking to purchase a countertop oven for baking cakes, the first step is to plan and evaluate your needs. Consider these few important factors:
- Size: The size of the oven is important if you want to cook large cakes, so consider the cakes you plan on baking and buy your oven size accordingly. It’s also important to consider where you’ll be using the oven, as some ovens are designed for countertop use only while others come with legs that allow you to place them on the floor. Make sure to measure the space where you want to put the oven before making a purchase.
- Temperature Control: A good oven should have temperature control that allows you to set the baking temperature accurately. This is important for baking cakes.
- Type of Oven Settings: The best countertop oven for baking cakes are those that have bake setting and convection bake setting.
- Display: A digital display is very helpful and if the oven has an interior light that emits from inside, it provides for easier viewing of what you are cooking.
- Function: Many ovens also come with a range of cooking functions, such as baking, toasting and broiling, so it’s important to decide what you’ll be using the oven for most often before making your purchase, especially if you plan to use it for other things besides baking cakes.
- Price: Depending on your budget, you’ll want to consider the price of the countertop oven. Thankfully, there is a wide range of ovens on the market to suit all budgets.
Why Should I Buy a Countertop Oven?
Countertop ovens are a great addition to any kitchen. Here are 10 reasons why you should consider buying one:
- Countertop ovens are a great option for people with limited space. Generally, countertop ovens are fairly small ovens that take up much less space than your traditional standard ovens, so they’re perfect for a small kitchen.
- Countertop ovens are very versatile. They often have different settings that combine the functions of different kitchen appliances. For example, many modern countertop ovens can be used for baking, toasting, air-frying, and cooking.
- Countertop ovens are relatively affordable. They cost much less than traditional ovens, making them a great option for budget-minded shoppers.
- Countertop ovens are easy to use. Most countertop ovens come with pre-set cooking functions, so you can easily cook your favorite foods.
- Countertop ovens are portable. Since these countertop ovens are not built-in, they can be easily moved from one room to another. Its compact design and smaller size make countertop ovens a great fit for those who want a small oven that doesn’t take up too much space.
- Countertop ovens come in a variety of different sizes. This allows you to choose the one that best suits your needs. When buying the best countertop oven for baking cakes, make sure to first determine the size of your cake pan so you have enough space in your new oven.
- Countertop ovens are energy-efficient. They use less electricity than traditional ovens, making them a more eco-friendly option. As a bonus, this may mean less energy bill for you!
- Countertop ovens are easy to clean. Most modern models come with removable parts that can be washed in the dishwasher for easy cleanup.
- Countertop ovens come in a variety of different colors. While this certainly has nothing to do with the function of a countertop oven, it’s nice to know that you have more options when it comes to choosing the color of your new countertop oven.
- Countertop ovens are a great way to cook your food evenly. They come with heating elements on all sides, which ensures that your food will be cooked evenly.
These Countertop Ovens Will Make Baking Cakes a Breeze
A countertop oven is a great addition to any kitchen especially when you don’t have a conventional oven. Taking into consideration the factors we discussed in our earlier paragraphs, here are our top picks for the best countertop ovens for baking cakes. They range in price from around $60 to $300, so find one that fits your budget!
The 5 Ultimate Best Countertop Ovens for Baking Cake
Overall Best Countertop Oven for Baking Cakes: Breville Smart Oven Pro
This Breville Smart Oven Pro is another excellent option for those looking for a countertop oven to bake cakes.
This stainless steel model comes with an interior light and a tempered glass door so you can easily keep an eye on your cake.
Its Element iQ System in their convection setting reduces the total cooking and baking time by up to 30%. It also uses 5 independent quartz elements to provide smart algorithms to create the ideal cooking and baking environment for perfect results every time. No more failed cakes!
This model is highly rated with over 6,800 reviews and holds 4.7 out of 5 stars.
- Features a slow cook function
- Element IQ System for foolproof cooking and baking
- Very quick preheat function
- Clear LCD Display
- 10 pre-set cooking functions: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat, Warm and Slow cook
- Auto shut off settings
Best for Versatility: Instant Pot Plus 10-in-1 Modern Toaster Oven Combo
The Instant Pot Plus 10-in-1 Modern Toaster Oven Combo is a high-quality kitchen appliance that is perfect for cooking a variety of different foods. This toaster oven has many different features, including 10 different cooking functions, a digital timer, and a removable crumb tray. It is also very easy to use, making it the perfect choice for anyone who wants a high-quality countertop oven that is simple to operate.
This powerful oven is a convection oven, toaster oven, dehydrator, roaster, pizza oven, and more. With 10 different pre-programmed functions, you can easily bake your favorite chocolate cakes with the push of a button, dehydrate some fruits, and use it to roast chicken all with one appliance!
When I don’t have my I love making my cakes in this oven and love how it fits a good-sized baking pan for when I make cookies too!
The large capacity is perfect for families or if you like to bake in bulk, and the convection technology ensures evenly baked cakes every time. This is a highly rated appliance with over 5,100 ratings at 4.6 stars.
Key Features of the Instant Pot Plus 10-in-1 Toaster Oven:
- Durable stainless steel exterior
- Features a double-layer glass door to ensure the heat stays inside for more effective heating
- Adjustable temperature settings, ranging from 170° to 450°F.
- Suitable for baking medium to big cakes, up to 12″
Best Value for Extra Large Cakes: Oster Convection Countertop and Toaster Oven
The Oster Extra Large Convection Countertop Oven is an excellent choice for an affordable larger-capacity model to bake extra-large cakes.
This oven has two french doors that open wide for easier handling and dual racks for maximum baking flexibility. You know what this means: you can bake more cakes at one time (no more cake batter sitting out while the first batch goes in).
This countertop oven features a Turbo Convection Baking Technology for more even baking in less time and built-in interior lights so you can conveniently check on your cakes without opening the oven doors.
This particular model is highly rated with over 4,800 reviews and holds 4.6 stars.
- Two french doors for easy access.
- Brushed Stainless Steel Exterior for durability and sleek look.
- Digital controls with presets
- 90-minute timer to automatically turn the oven off.
- Extra large size – can fit up to 16-inch cakes.
Best Everyday Countertop Oven: Cuisinart TOB-260N1
The Cuisinart TOB-260N is a high-quality countertop oven and one of the best modern toaster ovens out there. For baking cakes, this oven has a convection baking setting, which is helpful when you are using this to bake cakes (vs just for cooking).
As for size, this oven can accommodate a 13-inch pizza, which means you can bake a decently large cake in this oven too! It will also fit not just a 13-inch x 9-inch pan, but TWO pans in one go!
This multi-function toaster oven also has a built-in interior light so can easily check on your cake without opening the oven door.
This oven also has a broil function, so you can cook meat and other foods that need to be browned on top. It also has a dual cook, convection setting, and more. This oven will get plenty of uses!
As a nice bonus, the Cuisinart TOB-260N1 also comes with a baking pan and broiling rack.
Currently, this particular oven model ranks high with over 3,363 reviews and 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Lots of cooking functions
- There is built-in timer that can be set for up to two hours.
- Spacious 0.95-cubic feet space inside the oven
- Exact Heat sensor to maintain accurate oven temperatures
- Non-stick interior walls for easy clean up
- 3-year warranty
Best Countertop Oven with Bonus Accessories: Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven
The Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven is an excellent choice for those who want a countertop oven that comes with accessories.
Each oven purchase comes with a free baking pan, pizza pan, dehydrator rack, and wire rack.
Now let’s talk about functionalities.
This countertop oven preheats fairly quickly at about 3 1/2 minutes to get to 300 degrees (the max is 450 degrees). It also holds the set temperature steadily, which is important when baking cakes.
The convection setting is much quieter than other models, which is nice if you’re looking for a model that’s not super loud. That said, this oven is powerful! Its quartz heating element delivers approximately 40% more even heat when compared to conventional tube heating elements.
The controls are also very intuitive and this model has auto-shut off features for extra protection.
With a 5-quart capacity and 11 preset functions, you can quickly cook for a crowd – and have cake for dessert!
This model is has over 2,600 reviews with an average 4.5 stars.
- Quartz heat technology provides even heat
- Large capacity – fits 12-inch pizza and cakes
- High-contrast LCD display
- 11 cooking presets
- Stainless-steel construction for modern appeal & durability
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the Difference Between Convection Oven vs. Conventional Oven?
The main difference between a countertop convection oven and a conventional oven has to do with the heat source.
Convection ovens have a fan that circulates hot air throughout the appliance and around the food.
A conventional oven, or traditional oven, doesn’t have fans. Instead, the heat source in your regular oven comes from stationary heating elements usually placed at the bottom (and sometimes the top) of the oven.
Can You Bake a Cake in a Countertop Oven?
Yes. Countertop ovens can be good for baking cakes, but they may not produce as consistent a result as an oven that is specifically designed for baking cakes. It is important to follow the recipe closely when baking a cake in a countertop oven in order to get the best results.
How to Bake Cakes in a Countertop Oven
One way to improve the results when baking a cake in a countertop oven is to use an oven thermometer to make sure that the oven is at the correct temperature. Another thing to keep in mind is that cakes tend to cook more quickly in a countertop oven, so it is important not to overcook them.
Finally, it is a good idea to test the cake for doneness before removing it from the oven. A toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean when the cake is done. If not, then you may need to bake it for a little longer.
What type of oven is best for baking cakes?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best type of oven for baking cakes will vary depending on the specific needs of the baker. Some factors to consider when choosing an oven include the size of the oven, the type of fuel it uses, and the features it offers.
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing an oven is the size. If the baker only needs to bake a small cake, then a small oven would be adequate. However, if the baker needs to bake a large cake, then they will need a larger oven.
For regular home bakers, a standard electric oven is typically the best option. It is affordable, reliable, and offers a wide range of baking temperatures. Gas ovens are also popular choices for baking cakes, as they provide more even heat than electric ovens and can be adjusted to specific temperatures. However, gas ovens can be more expensive to operate than electric ovens and may not be available in all areas.
Some high-end ovens offer features like convection baking, which circulates hot air around the cake for more even baking. If you are looking to purchase a new oven specifically for baking cakes, it is worth considering these features to ensure your cakes come out perfectly every time.
Is a Countertop Oven the Same as a Toaster Oven?
Not necessarily. While the terms have been used interchangeably, a countertop oven is a larger oven that can be used to bake or roast food. A toaster oven is a smaller oven that is used to toast bread or bake small items.
Can Toaster Oven be Used to Bake Cakes?
Yes. Toaster ovens are often used to bake smaller items such as cookies or small cakes.
Looking For More Product Reviews & Deals?
- 12 Best Air Fryers Under $100
- 7 Best Travel Kettles For Your Next Trip
- 11 Best Whole30 Cookbooks in 2021, According to Customer Reviews
- 5 Best Store Bought Dry Rub for Ribs & How to Use Them
- 11+ Best Meat Cleavers on Amazon, According to Customer Reviews
- 25+ Best Keto Snacks You Need to Stock Up On This Month (Low-Carb Finds)
- 5 BEST Matcha Whisk You Can Buy on Amazon
- Chowbus Review (2021) + $10 Off Coupon
- My Urthbox Review + Get A FREE Box!
- 21+ Best Gluten-Free Protein Bars (2021)
- (2021) MasterClass Cooking Review: Is The MasterClass Culinary Arts Course Any Good?
- Cratejoy Review (2021): 7 Best Cratejoy Subscription Boxes To Try This Month
- Mighty Fix Subscription Review + 72% Off Coupon
- 13+ Must-Try Wine Subscription Boxes And Best Wine Clubs In 2021
Did you enjoy reading this best countertop oven for baking cakes guide? And did we miss any you think should be included? Please leave a comment below – I’d love to hear!!