Hi, I’m Michelle!
Welcome to DWELL: my little corner of the internet filled with simple recipes, travel tips, and lifestyle inspiration.
My mother always told me that I grew up in the kitchen. Growing up with a baker mother and having lived in 5 cities across 2 continents, I’ve been making (and eating!) different foods from all over the world for 15+ years! And now, I love that I get to share easy ethnic recipes through this blog! My approach to cooking is to use fresh ingredients, provide simple instructions, and offer options to meet different dietary/lifestyle preferences.
Here at DWELL, you’ll find lots of ideas for easy, healthy, and delicious recipes from all over the world. Consider this your home for all things ethnic recipes!
- Pie Susu Bali
- Middle Eastern Shakshuka
- Ube Ice Cream
- Chicken Pad Thai
- Vegan Mango Panna Cotta
- Cauliflower Curry
- Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken
- … and more!
Though of course, if you’re just wanting a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, you can find that too! 🙂
Where To Start?
If you’re new to DWELL, here are some fantastic posts to start with:
- Check out my Recipes page where you can find various recipes by course and cuisine.
- Read up on Travel Tips to get ready for your next getaway!
- Read our latest reviews to learn more about different crowd-favorites!
- Browse through our Savings Roundup. You’ll find exclusive discounts, offers, and coupon codes on some of our everyday favorite brands!
- Get your FREE Weekly Grocery Checklist here.
Want to Know Some Fun Facts?
- Background: I was born in Bandung, Indonesia, but moved to Littleton, CO when I was 10. I moved to Texas in 2015 for college, then again to Kansas in 2019 when I got married (read our story here). My husband and I now live in Lawrence, KS – close to the Missouri border!
- Travel: Currently, I’ve lived in 5 cities and traveled to over 18 countries! You could call it an obsession, but I looooove traveling! I mean, what’s better than experiencing new cultures, trying new food, meeting new friends, and seeing new parts of the world? My goal is to one day visit every country in the world (my grandma did this!)
- Favorite Hobbies: creating new recipes, listening to podcasts, exploring new cities, photography (food and people), buying new plants, spending time with friends & family, and doing something creative! Oh! And eating, of course!
- Go-To Recipe: Oven bakes of all kinds! Whether sweet or savory, it’s the BEST and most delicious way to use up different ingredients in your pantry or fridge!
- My Gear: I use a Canon 5D Mark IV with a 50mm 1.4 lens, a 24-70mm F/2.8 lens. To edit, I use my custom Lightroom presets with minor adjustments. But occasionally (i.e: when I don’t happen to have my camera with me), I do sometimes use my handy iPhone 🙂
I’m so glad you’re here.