This Best Matcha Whisk on Amazon guide may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read our disclosure policy here.
As an Enneagram type 7, there are lots of things in life I’m grateful for. Things like family, a house, a job, and food on the table.
Among the list of things I am thankful for, there’s one “odd” thing I’ve come to appreciate: a good matcha whisk.
Not all matcha whisks are made equal, some are just better than others. But I didn’t know this growing up. We never really had a matcha whisk in the family, so we just used whatever we had on hand to mix in the matcha powder – a teaspoon for drinking, a large whisk for baking.
And while I’ve always thought it was fine, I decided to get a good matcha whisk from Amazon (hello, 2-day shipping!) – and boy does it make a difference in the overall experience of drinking matcha. I’ve never gone back since 🙂
So.. if you’re thinking of buying a matcha whisk yourself (or if you’re just looking around), here are 5 of the BEST matcha whisks you can buy on Amazon right now – and start using this week!
Best Rated Matcha Whisk on Amazon: BambooMN Matcha Whisk Set
Why we love the BambooMN Matcha Whisk Set:
- This matcha whisk set includes all the basics you need to serve the perfect cup of matcha: Golden Chasen (Tea Whisk) + Chashaku (Hooked Bamboo Scoop) + Tea Spoon
- Everything is made out of 100% Natural Bamboo
- They include 3 styles of spoons so you can dish out the perfect amount of matcha to your taste. Use the small scoop for precise measurements, the large spoon for deeper taste, or the large scoop for large batches.
I remember my first cup. The full-bodied taste that lingered long after that first warm sip. Earthy. Wholesome. Smooth, with subtle hints of sweet— I was instantly hooked. It wasn’t long after that I purchased my first matcha powder, and began to experiment trying to recreate that delicious electric green cup I so much enjoyed.
It was then I realized just how much the flavor spectrum can vary from one grade of matcha to the next. But it’s not just the grade of matcha that matters— It’s how you prepare it. The full-bodied green taste of matcha is caused by what are called “polyphenols” in the tea leaf. If you add too much matcha powder these polyphenols are overpowering, and you create a bitter tea. If you add too little matcha powder, your cup may taste empty, and each sip will leave you yearning for more flavor.
Creating the perfect cup starts with creating the perfect tools. The traditional bamboo tea whisk (chasen) and chashaku have been the tool of choice for creating the perfect frothy matcha for over 1000 years —and I have found this truly is the best way to prepare a cup.
Our process is simple, to create the perfect whisk, you need to start with the best material. Our team hand inspects each bamboo rod for blemishes and integrity. Any piece of bamboo that doesn’t meet our standards is rejected. Only after selecting the best bamboo material does our team begin the production process by hollowing out the bamboo rods, and cutting them down to the perfect length for the tea whisks.
The next step is the most important part in the process. Our specialists hand curl each tine to create the perfect matcha brush. The soft brushing motion of the tines is what gives matcha the perfect consistency, and without this integral step in our process, the tea will not come out the same.BambooMN
Best Matcha Whisk Starter Set: Jade Leaf Traditional Matcha Starter Set
Why we love the Jade Leaf Traditional Matcha Starter Set:
- This matcha whisk set includes a natural bamboo whisk (chasen) and scoop (chasaku), as well as a stainless steel sifter
- It comes with a 30-page, full-color, step-by-step matcha guide to help beginners make the perfect cup.
- Money-back guarantee: If you’re not satisfied with the matcha whisk set, you can contact their customer service and they’ll either make it right or give you your money back.
- The packaging is great for gifting!
Best Matcha Whisk Set with Whisking Bowl: Anpro Bamboo Matcha Tea Whisk Set
Why we love the Anpro Bamboo Matcha Tea Whisk Set:
- Each Japanese matcha set includes: 1 tea bowl, 1 traditional spoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 tea towel
- The natural bamboo is handmade, smooth, and easy to use.
- Includes a matcha-making manual.
Best Basic Matcha Whisk on Amazon: Woodcha Set
Why we love the Woodcha Set:
- Each Japanese matcha set includes all the essentials: a matcha whisk (chasen), a matcha scoop (chashaku), and a tea spoon
- Made from premium-quality organic bamboo.
- Satisfaction guarantee: a replacement or money-back guarantee, no questions asked
Best Premium Matcha Whisk Set: Tealyra Matcha Kit – Connoisseur Ceremony Start Up Set
Why we love the Tealyra Matcha Kit – Connoisseur Ceremony Start Up Set:
- This set includes everything you need to make the perfect cup of matcha. Each set includes 7 pieces: 50g of Premium Japanese Matcha Tea Powder, Chasen Whisk, Whisk Holder, Scoop, Sifter, Bowl, and Tray.
- The Tealyra matcha bowl included in this set is made in Japan.
- Natural bamboo whisk, scoop, and tray
- It includes a matcha whisk holder to help the whisk stay in its best shape.
How to Make the Perfect Cup of Matcha with a Whisk
- Place a sifter over a bowl or cup.
- Use the bamboo scoop to add 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder to the sifter (I like this one) and sift the matcha completely. Feel free to adjust the amount to your preferred taste (use less for a lighter flavor, more for a deeper flavor).
- Pour 1/4 cup of hot water (around 175F) into the bowl.
- Use the bamboo whisk to mix the matcha powder. Use a back-and-forth “M” shaped motion until the matcha forms a froth (around 30 seconds).
- If needed, add more water for a lighter matcha flavor.
- Enjoy your cup of matcha – I love to drink mine slowly and take a few deep breaths with it.
Tips to Make the Most of Your New Matcha Whisk
- With any bamboo utensils, always wash them by hand and never soak them in water for too long to prevent cracking or breaking.
- To keep your matcha whisk in the best shape, rinse the whisk immediately after using it and place it in the whisk holder to maintain its shape. If you don’t have a whisk holder, wrap your fingers around the whisk part to re-shape it. If your whisk comes in a plastic container, place it back into the container to allow it to dry into that shape.
Looking For More Product Reviews & Deals?
- 21+ Best Gluten-Free Protein Bars (2021)
- ButcherBox Review + Unboxing (2021) : Is Butcher Box Worth It?
- (2021) 11+ Best Travel Toothbrush for Sparkling Clean Teeth
- Mighty Fix Subscription Review + 72% Off Coupon
- 12 Best Air Fryers Under $100
- My Honest Review of Kencko Instant Smoothies (2020)
- 13+ Must-Try Wine Subscription Boxes And Best Wine Clubs In 2021
- My Urthbox Review + Get A FREE Box!
- 13+ Best Travel Backpacks for Women
- Vivoo Review: Everything You Need to Know About the At-Home Wellness Test
- CAUSEBOX Winter 2021 Review + $10 Coupon!
- My Organifi Red Juice Review + 15% Off
- (2021) MasterClass Cooking Review: Is The MasterClass Culinary Arts Course Any Good?
- Cratejoy Review (2021): 7 Best Cratejoy Subscription Boxes To Try This Month
- 2021 Kencko Review (Updated) : I Tried ALL the Kencko Smoothies Flavors!
- An Honest Review Of Splendid Spoon Meal Subscription
- Coupon Codes + Savings Roundup!
Are there any other brands I need to include in this Best Matcha Whisk on Amazon guide? Feel free to leave a comment below!