You may have seen many UrthBox unboxings on social media recently, and you may be curious to learn more about whether or not UrthBox is worth it. I get it. In fact, if you’re looking for a comprehensive UrthBox review, you’re in the right place!
As a huge foodie and longtime snacker, I started my Urthbox subscription to discover different snacks to eat during my work breaks. And oh boy have I discovered plenty of new favorites!
In this article, I’ll be sharing my full UrthBox review, including the quality of their snack boxes, the customer service I received, as well as general details such as price, subscription plans, and everything else you need to know about UrthBox.
What is UrthBox?
UrthBox is a subscription box that delivers healthy snacks directly to your door. Subscribers can expect a monthly box of full-sized better-for-you treats, including snacks and beverages.
As stated in the official UrthBox website:
It’s a known fact that the primary driver of our good or bad health is what we consume. Both childhood obesity and adult obesity largely have to do with the types of foods we consume, especially while snacking. And, with our busier and busier daily lives of career, fitness and family who has the time to make sure the very crucial thing that drives our health is attended to?
UrthBox is a convenient and subtle way to make sure you have access to healthy snacks for your home, the office or on-the-go. How? UrthBox helps you cut through the crud and keep you focused on making healthy foods a priority in your life.
UrthBox is all about the delicious discovery of healthy and tasty new treats. Every month we’ll help you discover safe, healthy and natural products from trustworthy brands that you can purchase at your local stores or online.UrthBox
How Does UrthBox Work?
Signing up for an UrthBox subscription plan is incredibly easy. Here’s how it works:
- Select Your Box
- Box Size: Mini, Small, Medium, Large (see section below for details)
- Box Types: Classic, Gluten-Free, Vegan, or Diet (see section below for details)
- Box Frequency: monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, or bi-yearly.
- Your Box is Shipped: Your UrthBox will always ship at the same time each month. UrthBox will then provide a tracking number so you can see when your Urthbox will arrive.
- (The Best Part) Enjoy Your Snacks: Once you receive your UrthBox, you can enjoy all the snacks in your box (my favorite part!). If you love what you get, you can order more with member discounts online or at local stores.
- Earn Loyalty Points: For every subscription month you get, you receive points. You’ll also earn points for referring your friends. These UrthBox points can be redeemed for even bigger discounts on snacks you love online.
UrthBox Review: Different UrthBox Types
When you subscribe to UrthBox, you have the option to select one of their four box category that tailors to specific needs and lifestyles.
- The Classic. This is the do-it-all box with no dietary restrictions.
- The Gluten-Free. Similar to The Classic Box, but with 100% Gluten Free snacks.
- The Vegan. Similar to The Classic Box, but with 100% Vegan products (no animal products or ingredients)
- The Diet. Similar to The Classic Box, but with a strong emphasis on low calorie counts, low carbohydrate counts, and low fat values.
- Convenient discovery of tasty new snacks and healthy food for your busy life.
- Healthy replacement products for home, office or on-the-go.
- Better Value for your money with up to $100 value boxes.
- Big Discounts & gift cards you can use online or at local stores.
- Help Change eating habits everywhere starting with you & your family.
- A Pleasant Surprise at your doorstep every month.
How Much Does UrthBox Cost?
- Mini Box: 7+ snacks for $19.99/month
- Small Box: 14+ snacks for $29.99/month (save 20%)
- Medium Box: 20+ snacks for $39.99/month (save 30%)
- Large Boxes: 27+ snacks for $49.99/month (save 40%)
Unlike many other snack boxes, UrthBox sends full-sized snacks, which means that many of the snacks you’ll receive can be eaten in more than one sitting.
However, if you are a big snacker like myself, you may find that some snacks are larger than others (for example, a full-sized snack bar vs. a large bag of ChocZero peanut butter cups) and that not all the snacks will last you as long as others.
Keep this in mind when choosing your box size, especially if you are buying UrthBox to share with friends or family.
P.S: shipping is FREE within the U.S., and $6.95 to Canada.
UrthBox Subscription Policy
Since Urthbox operates on a monthly subscription model, every subscription will automatically renew every month. But if you’re not satisfied with UrthBox for any reason, you can cancel anytime (it’s free).
My Personal UrthBox Review: What’s In My Box?
While I typically get their Classic Box, I decided to try the large gluten-free snacks box last month.
There were easily 27+ snacks in this box (some of which you can’t see in the picture because they were covered by the other snacks in the box).
Of these, about 50% are brands I’ve never heard of before – which I was thrilled about because I love discovering new snacks. In my opinion, the fun discover is one of the best things about Urthbox!
I thought it was a fun change, and it was so fascinating to see all the fun ways people make delicious snacks without gluten!
Also worth noting is the fact that I got 3 whole bags of ChocZero Peanut Butter cups. I loved this brand, but I wished my large size box would’ve included more variety instead of the same flavor. But we loved them nonetheless, and it came with a lot of PB cups (no complaints there).
A few of my favorite snacks in this box included:
- Soom Organic Tahini (best tasting tahini I’ve ever had – not bitter at all!)
- TruNut Powdered Peanut Butter (mixes super well)
- KIND Mango Apple Chia Bar (tastes like fruit snacks, but better ingredients)
- Seely Mint Patties (as a fan of Andes Thin Mints, this hit the spot just as much)
Here’s a picture of my box and everything I got:
Public UrthBox Customer Reviews: What Are They Saying?
Just as BirchBox provides its customers a sampling of health and beauty items, UrthBox will give subscribers a monthly collection of snack items.TechCrunch
Smart snacks can be a good way to keep from overindulging at your main meals… Enter UrthBox, the snack company of our dreams.Refinery29
Similar to the ever-popular Birch Box, this new subscription comes in five types of boxes filled with handpicked goodies emphasizing organic, all natural and GMO free ingredients.Style Cartel
Pros and Cons Review of UrthBox
- Quality snacks: organic, all natural, non-GMO snacks and beverages delivered every month. No junk food here!
- Lots of full-size products of your grocery store favorites as well as samples to discover healthy new foods.
- Free shipping within the United States
- Caters to various lifestyles and special diets: gluten-free, vegan, diet, classic
- Different subscription options available (1 month, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year)
- Savings with multi-month order!
- Free trial available to get a box free!
- No customization options – you can’t choose the snacks you get.
- $6.95 shipping charge for Canada
- No international shipping available yet
UrthBox Coupon & Discounts
Currently, you can get a FREE UrthBox with your order! In addition, you’ll also save money when you subscribe for a 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month subscription.
- 3-month subscription: save $12
- 6-month subscription: save $42
- 12-month subscription: save $96
Keep in mind that this FREE box and multi-month discount offer also applies when you gift UrthBox to your friends and family! Now that’s a win-win!
UrthBox Review: Final Thoughts
Overall, I would recommend UrthBox for people who love discovering new snacks, especially those who prioritize better-for-you ingredients!
As far as value goes, I find that the larger boxes tend to be better value for your money. That’s why I like buying the large box every 3 months instead of the mini or small box every month. It makes more sense for me, but that’s just how I personally choose to do it.
The only thing I’d ask more of would be that the snacks are all different. Some months, I’ll receive two or three of the same products (such as last month’s box where I got 3 whole bags of ChocZero Peanut Butter Cups).
So far, I’ve liked all the snacks I got in my box (and I’ve gotten a few I thought I’d hate but ended up loving!) so that’s a plus!
That said, if you value cost over experience and/or convenience, then UrthBox may not be a good fit for you. You can purchase the same products typically for less if you buy the same products in bulk at Costco or even Amazon. However, I’ve continued with UrthBox because I love the discovery factor, and it’s been a fun activity to do with my family.
All in all, whether or not UrthBox is worth it will ultimately depend on what you value. If you value convenience and an experience, then UrthBox will be well worth it for you, as it’s been for me. I’ve loved receiving these quarterly surprises in my door – and I’ve discovered some of my favorite snacks through UrthBox!
- Cratejoy: Find the perfect food and snack subscription boxes in Cratejoy’s subscription marketplace! (read our review here)
- Love With Food: Discover junk-free snacks every month & get 20% off your first box!
- Kencko Smoothies: Instant shelf-stable smoothie subscription! (read our review here)
Did I Miss Anything In This UrthBox Review?
If your question wasn’t fully answered in this UrthBox review, you can contact the UrthBox customer service through email at email@example.com. Whether it’s for a general question or feedback, their customer support is fantastic.
Looking for More Product Reviews & Deals?
- Crowd Cow Review (2021) with Pictures!
- Fresh N’ Lean Review (2021): What to Expect from This Meal Delivery Service
- Good Chop Review: Everything You Need to Know + $100 Off
- 5 BEST Matcha Whisk You Can Buy on Amazon
- Chowbus Review (2021) + $10 Off Coupon
- 7+ Must-Have Travel Wallets, According To Reviews
- (2021) 10 Best Gift Sets for Women on Amazon
- 12 Best Air Fryers Under $100
- 7 Best Travel Kettles For Your Next Trip
- (2021) 11+ Best Travel Toothbrush for Sparkling Clean Teeth
- Vivoo Review: Everything You Need to Know About the At-Home Wellness Test
- 13+ Best Travel Backpacks for Women
- CAUSEBOX Winter 2021 Review + $10 Coupon!
- 21+ Best Gluten-Free Protein Bars (2021)
- My Organifi Red Juice Review + 15% Off
- (2021) MasterClass Cooking Review: Is The MasterClass Culinary Arts Course Any Good?
- 5 Best Travel Fishing Rod in 2021 – The Ultimate Fan-Favorites!
- Cratejoy Review (2021): 7 Best Cratejoy Subscription Boxes To Try This Month
- My Honest Review of Kencko Instant Smoothies (2020)
- Mighty Fix Subscription Review + 72% Off Coupon
- 13+ Must-Try Wine Subscription Boxes And Best Wine Clubs In 2021
- ButcherBox Review + Unboxing (2021) : Is Butcher Box Worth It?
- 2021 Kencko Review (Updated) : I Tried ALL the Kencko Smoothies Flavors!
- An Honest Review Of Splendid Spoon Meal Subscription
Have you tried UrthBox before? If so, what did you think? Please leave a comment below – I’d love to hear!!