This guide on the Best Travel Fishing Rods may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read our disclosure policy here.
One of my best friends LOVES to go fishing. Whether it’s fishing during a short weekend getaway or going on a full-blown, month-long fishing trip – the guy knows his stuff. He’s traveled all over the country to fish and was able to share his experience with finding a reliable travel fishing rod, and give a few affordable suggestions available on Amazon Prime (hello 2-day shipping!!)
So.. how exactly do you find the best travel fishing rod that fits your needs and budget? Here are 4 things to look for and 5 fishing rods we recommend for your next fishing trip in 2021.
4 Things to Look For in a Travel Fishing Rod:
- Quality: The quality of the fishing rod you take along on your fishing trips will determine how good of a time you’ll have. This is why we never skimp on quality when choosing a travel fishing rod!
- Portability: When you’re travelling, a good rule of thumb is to look for a more compact option to carry along. If you’ll be travelling by air to your fishing destination, you’ll benefit from a collapsible fishing rod.
- Value: Unless you’re a pro and have thousands of dollars to spend on a fishing rod, these options below offers a great selection of quality travel fishing rods without breaking the bank.
- Design: To find the right fishing rod for your travel, you need to know what you’ll use it for. Do you need it to be lightweight? Fit for saltwater fishing? Or do you want a heavier fishing rod for extra stability?
Other Factors to Consider:
- While the most popular types of fishing rods are spinning rods, some people like casting rods better because they usually have the guides on top instead of at the bottom.
- There are various sizes and materials that a fishing rod can be made of. The most popular materials include fiberglass, graphite, and carbon fiber.
- The type of rod you select will determine the speed and bend resistance (power) of your fishing rod.
With these factors in mind, here are the 5 Best Travel Fishing Rods you can buy today on Amazon:
Best Travel Fishing Rod Set: Sougayilang Fishing Rod Combos
Why we love the Sougayilang Fishing Rod Combos:
- This Fishing Rod Set includes a TON of things you need to get started:
- Carbon Fiber Telescopic Fishing Rod
- Fishing Reel
- Carry Bag
- 3 Fishing Lures
- Fishing Line
- + a few bonus accessories
- The fishing rod itself is made out of High Density Carbon Fiber Mixed with Fiberglass, which makes the pole very lightweight and durable.
- The guide ring on the fishing rod is made out of SIC Ceramic, which has lower friction co-efficient.
- The fishing reel has 13 + 1 corrosion-resistant smooth ball bearings, precision-matched gears, AND a Powerful 5.5:1 Gear Ratio. It’s fit for right-handed or left-handed travelers!
- Honeycomb-style spool made out of aerospace-grade aluminum.
- The entire travel fishing rod set is incredibly compact, making it portable and the perfect set to travel with. It fits easily ina backpack and car trunk.
- 1 Year guarantee: if there’s an issue with the fishing rod set within 1 year of purchase, you can contact their customer service and they’ll get it taken care of!
Best Travel Fishing Rod for Beginners: Milerong Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
Why we love the Milerong Fishing Rod and Reel Combo:
- This fishing rod set includes everything you need to start fishing:
- Telescopic fishing rod
- Spinning reel
- Fishing Line
- Various fishing lures
- Various fishing hooks
- Carry bag
- The fishing rod is collapsible, which makes it compact and portable for easy storage and travel. It’s also made of high-density carbon fiber, which is lightweight and durable.
- This set has colorful ceramic guides with good heat dissipation and low friction.
- The spinning fishing reels included features a 5.2:1 high speed and smooth retrieve rate.
- The rod features a comfortable non-slip handle, which is also breathable and wear-resistant.
- 30 day satisfation guarantee: if there’s a problem with your fishing rod, you can contact their customer service to get a new fishing set without having to return the original product!
Best Compact Fishing Rod: Goture Travel Fishing Rods
Why we love the Goture Travel Fishing Rods:
- This travel fishing rod is designed with 30-ton carbon matrix to provide a fantastic balance of rod sensitivity, strength and power.
- Reel seats are made of high-quality ABS material.
- The unique 4 piece fishing rod design makes it easy to travel with. It’s portable, lightweight, and yet still sturdy!
- EVA split grips provide all-day comfort.
- Comes with a slim carry bag.
- Includes 7+1 corrosion resistant guides with ceramic inserts. It’s perfectly spaced for virtually friction-free line flow and maximum casting performance.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: if your rod breaks, you can contact their team and they’ll send you free replacement parts (or the entire rod). Each fishing rod comes with a one-year warranty.
Best Value Fishing Rod: Sougayilang Portable Fishing Rod
Why we love the Sougayilang Fishing Rod Telescopic Fishing Rod:
- This fishing rod is made out of 24T carbon fiber and stainless steel hooded reel seat, which increases resistance to seawater corrosion.
- Stainless steel line guide ring is made out of ceramic for better heat dissipation.
- Soft EVA handle that has a comfortable grip.
- The entire fishing rod is lightweight and the collapsible design allows it to easily fit in a car trunk, boat hatch, or even your travel backpack!
- This rod is suitable for freshwater fishing, saltwater surf fishing, or even inshore fishing.
- Multiple sizes available in various colors: 5.9ft, 6.9ft, 7.9ft, 8.9ft, 9.8ft in blue, green, or silver.
- One year after-sale service
Best Lightweight Travel Fishing Rod for Freshwater Fishing: BerryPro Ultralight Spinning Fishing Rod
Why we love the BerryPro Ultralight Spinning Fishing Rod:
- This spinning fishing rod is constructed with solid carbon tip section and 36-ton X-Carbon technology blanks to make rods extra lightweight and sensitive. It’s the perfect rod for crappie, trout, panfish, small-mouth bass, large-mouth bass, and other fresh water species.
- Enhanced Stainless steel fishing guide with ceramic ring to minimize friction between the line and the guide.
- The guides are perfectly aligned along the bottom of the spine of the blank, which is great for casting.
- Split reel seat with carbon fiber tube insert for extra comfort. It also features high density EVA on the rod handle, as well as a split fighting butt to create an optimate balance.
- Comes with a one year warranty
Which one of these travel fishing rod is your favorite? And did we miss any you think should be included in this guide? Please leave a comment below – I’d love to hear!!
Looking For More Product Reviews & Deals?
- Crowd Cow Review (2021) with Pictures!
- 5 BEST Matcha Whisk You Can Buy on Amazon
- 7+ Must-Have Travel Wallets, According To Reviews
- My Urthbox Review + Get A FREE Box!
- 12 Best Air Fryers Under $100
- (2021) 11+ Best Travel Toothbrush for Sparkling Clean Teeth
- Vivoo Review: Everything You Need to Know About the At-Home Wellness Test
- 13+ Best Travel Backpacks for Women
- CAUSEBOX Winter 2021 Review + $10 Coupon!
- 21+ Best Gluten-Free Protein Bars (2021)
- My Organifi Red Juice Review + 15% Off
- (2021) MasterClass Cooking Review: Is The MasterClass Culinary Arts Course Any Good?
- Cratejoy Review (2021): 7 Best Cratejoy Subscription Boxes To Try This Month
- My Honest Review of Kencko Instant Smoothies (2020)
- Mighty Fix Subscription Review + 72% Off Coupon
- 13+ Must-Try Wine Subscription Boxes And Best Wine Clubs In 2021
- ButcherBox Review + Unboxing (2021) : Is Butcher Box Worth It?
- 2021 Kencko Review (Updated) : I Tried ALL the Kencko Smoothies Flavors!