A New Month, A New Subscription Review!
Every month, I try to review a new subscription box and let you know my honest feedback. This month, we tried out Kencko’s Instant Smoothies! Kencko is a smoothie subscription service that is becoming increasingly popular for health-conscious, busy people. I believe the reason is because Kencko specializes in instant, shelf-stable smoothies. This makes it a quick, easy, and healthy on-the-go option that’s perfect for busy travelers, parents, and professionals! To make, just add water or milk, and shake – no blending required!
Without further ado, let’s get to our Kencko review!
What is Kencko All About?
According to Kencko’s website:
“In Japan, where people live longer than anywhere else, ‘kencko’ means health. We know that people who eat healthy diets have longer lifespans, with lower risk of chronic illnesses like cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, some cancers, and obesity. However, just 1 in 10 US adults reach the five-a-day federal recommended cups of fruits and vegetables.
Ricardo Vice Santos and Tomás Froes founded kencko with a simple mission: to help people eat more organic fruits and vegetables. We transform fresh, organic fruits and veggies into handy single-serving instant smoothies. Each one contains about 80 calories, and gives the same nutritional benefits as 2 cups of fresh produce. Simply mix the powder into water or your favorite milk for a quick, healthy boost – wherever you are.
The only ingredients you’ll ever find in kencko are organic fruits, vegetables and spices. Nothing added, nothing taken out except water – and that’s a promise. We collect evidence for the health benefits of our ingredients here.
Some people are skeptical – we get it. But it happens to be true: the only ingredients we use are organic plants. No colors, flavor enhancers, preservatives or fillers. No added sugars or artificial sweeteners. Just the world’s best produce, with the water taken out so that the nutrients stay in.”
How Does Kencko Work? How Much Does Kencko Smoothies Cost?
Kencko offers flexible monthly plans. This means you can stop after one box, or have it be recurring monthly orders. They will notify you well before each refill shipment so you can change out flavors, edit delivery date, or cancel your plan altogether.
Currently, there are three plans subscribers can choose from:
- 7 smoothie packs: $5.29 per smoothie + free shipping
- 20 smoothie packs – $2.99 per smoothie + free shipping
- 60 smoothie packs – $2.29 per smoothie + free shipping
PROMO DEAL: Click here to get 2 months at 20% off, a FREE shaker bottle (dishwasher safe!), and a FREE dietitian consultation ($300 value)!
Kencko Smoothies: Flavor Varieties
Each Kencko smoothie is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, organic, and no-sugar-added. Once you choose a plan, you’ll then select the smoothie flavors to go in your box. Currently, there are TWELVE flavor varieties targeted to promote different health benefits, including:
My Honest Review of Kencko
Delivery & What I Received in My Box
As of this writing, Kencko delivers to the United States and Canada using carbon-neutral shipping. My Kencko box came quickly and I was glad to see that the box was thick, sturdy, and compostable. Inside the box, I realized the package had my name on it, which was a very nice customized touch! My box also included a sheet of (super cute) stickers, my 7 flavor packets, info card, and a dishwasher-safe shaker bottle with instructions and measurements marked out.
How Do You Make Kencko Smoothies?
- Massage powder packet to break up any lumps.
- Liquid goes in first (water or your favorite milk).
- Add contents of one packet and close the shaker bottle tightly.
- Shake well for 30 seconds and let it sit for 15 seconds.
NOTE: Personally, I love the smoothies mixed with some oat milk (vs regular water), as it gives it a creamier texture. However, if you like your smoothies to be thinner and more “juice-like”, then cold water works well!
Kencko Review: Is It Worth It?
- Most subscribers note that they like the flavors of Kencko.
- 100% gluten-free, non-GMO, organic, no artificial additives, and no added sugar.
- Offers a quick and convenient way to stay healthy. Just add water/milk, shake, and go!
- Dilutes easily, doesn’t clump, and mess-free.
- Compostable packets + carbon-neutral shipping = environmentally friendly.
- Their freeze-dried smoothie powders preserve most of the nutrients of the fruits and vegetables (compared to regular juicing).
- Easy to take on the go (especially for traveling!)
- Affordable cost for the 20 or 60 smoothie plan at approx. $2-3 per serving.
- If using water, consistency will be on the thinner side (think juice vs smoothies).
- People who are new to “clean-eating” may find Kencko’s simple flavor ingredients to be “underwhelming.”
- Somewhat limited flavor options (update: they are consistently adding new flavors every couple of months!)
- Relatively higher cost at $5.29/smoothie for the 7 smoothie plan.
Kencko Review: Final Thoughts
Overall, my experience with Kencko has been extremely positive. I appreciate the company’s intentionality with choosing simple ingredients and turning it into a product that is makes healthy eating convenient for the everyday person. I also love Kencko’s efforts to be more environmentally-friendly with its compostable packaging and shipping methods, especially as subscription services can often result in lots of carbon footprint. While the 7-smoothie plan is on the higher price point, I think their 20 or 60 smoothie plans offer incredibly affordable options for quick, delicious, and organic smoothies.
COUPON: Click here to get 2 months at 20% off, a FREE shaker bottle (dishwasher safe!), and a FREE dietitian consultation ($300 value)!
Have you tried Kencko? What did you think? Feel free to leave a comment below!
Looking for More Product Reviews & Deals?
- 2021 Kencko Review (Updated) : I Tried ALL the Kencko Smoothies Flavors!
- Mighty Fix Subscription Review + 72% Off Coupon
- (2021) MasterClass Cooking Review: Is The MasterClass Culinary Arts Course Any Good?
- 11+ Must-Try Wine Subscription Boxes And Best Wine Clubs In 2021
- ButcherBox Review + Unboxing (2021) : Is Butcher Box Worth It?
- An Honest Review Of Splendid Spoon Meal Subscription
- Coupon Codes + Savings Roundup!
- Honest Review: We Tried Munchy Crunchy Vegetarian Protein Snacks!