Make this refreshing and easy pineapple juice recipe this summer! Made with fresh, healthy ingredients, this homemade juice is a favorite for adults and kids alike. Give it a try!
RELATED: Get a FREE trial of Amazon Prime to get access to free grocery deliveries!
What Does Pineapple Juice Taste Like?
This pineapple juice is the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
We absolutely think this is the best pineapple juice recipe because it’s easy to make, uses simple methods, is incredibly delicious, and has tons of health benefits too – all from ingredients you can find at your local grocery stores!
What You Need to Make Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 3 cups fresh ripe pineapples (peeled, cored, and sliced/cubed/wedged)
- 1-2 cups water (or coconut water) – use more for thinner juice and less for thicker
- 2 Tablespoon sweetener (honey, maple syrup, or sugar – optional)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Crushed ice, to serve
For best results, never use unripe pineapples.
How To Tell If A Pineapple is Ripe
One way to tell if a pineapple is ripe is by checking its color. The color of the pineapple should be mostly yellow or orange.
You can also check for softness; a ripe pineapple will be soft to the touch.
How to Cut Pineapples
To cut a pineapple, first remove the green top.
Then remove the tough outer skin of the pineapple using a sharp chef’s knife by cutting it away in strips. Start at the top of the pineapple and work your way down, following the contours of the fruit.
Once the skin is removed, use a pineapple corer to get the tough middle part of the pineapples out easily. Then cut it into cubes, slices, or wedges – and it’s ready to use in this pineapple juice recipe (or eat as is!)
How to Make Pineapple Juice
- Into a high-speed blender, add the pineapple cubes, water, sweetener (if using), and lemon juice. Blend until the mixture turns into a smooth puree.
- Pour the mixture into a fine strainer to remove the fiber and retain only the juice.
- Add ice cubes to 2 tall glasses and pour in the strained pineapple juice. ENJOY!
What Are The Benefits of Drinking Pineapple Juice?
The benefits of drinking pineapple juice include improved digestion, stronger bones, and better skin health.
Pineapple juice is also a good source of antioxidants, which can help fight off free radicals in the body. This delicious juice is rich in vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin C, manganese, copper, and bromelain.
Bromelain is an enzyme that helps with digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties. Copper and manganese are important for bone health. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps boost the immune system and protect against diseases.
That said, as with many other fruit juices, pineapple juice can be high in sugar. If you’re watching your sugar intake, omit the optional added sugar in the recipe and drink it in moderation.
What is the best combination with pineapple?
While pineapple juice tastes great on its own, pineapples pair well with citrus and various tropical fruits – including oranges, lemons, coconut, and much more.
What is the best time to drink pineapple juice?
The best time to drink pineapple juice is when you are thirsty and need a fresh juice to cool down!
So next time you want something refreshing, try making your own juice! The best part is it’s healthy, delicious, and affordable!
Looking for More Easy Drinks Recipes?
- Star Drink Starbucks Copycat Recipe
- Lime in the Coconut Recipe
- Taco Bell’s Baja Blast Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Strawberry Lemonade (Secret Menu Recipe)
- McAlister’s Deli World Famous Sweet Tea ™ (Copycat Recipe!)
- Copycat Starbucks Pistachio Latte
- Tropical Mermaid Blue Spirulina Smoothie Bowl
- Simple & Delicious Pitaya Smoothie Bowl (GF, DF, V)
- Healthy Mint Julep (Non-Alcoholic)
- Iced Cold Brew Latte (Healthy Starbucks Copycat)
- Berry Orange Banana Smoothie (GF, DF, V)
- Copycat Starbucks Toasted White Chocolate Mocha
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Smoothie (GF, DF, Vegan-Friendly)
- 5-Minute Cozy Gingerbread Latte (GF, DF, VG)
- Decadent Peppermint Sipping Chocolate (GF, DF, VG Options)
- Hokkaido Milk Tea (Easy & Delicious!)
- How to Make Proffee (Protein Coffee TikTok Trend)
- McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie (Better For You Copycat Recipe)
- How to Make Nitro Cold Brew Coffee (Better than Starbucks!)
- Easy Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato Copycat Recipe
- 5-Min Caramel Latte Starbucks Copycat Recipe
If you make this Homemade Pineapple Juice recipe, please drop a comment below! I’d LOVE to know what you think! Or take a picture and share it on Instagram by tagging @dwellbymichelle so I can repost it on my stories!
Copyright © All Rights Reserved. Content is written by Michelle Schmidt of dwellbymichelle.com.