How to Cook Frozen Chicken Patties in an Air Fryer
Do you want to know how to cook frozen chicken patties in an air fryer? This is a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table without any fuss! Cooking with an air fryer is healthier than frying them because it eliminates all of that extra fat. You can still enjoy crispy, crunchy fried food by using your air fryer!
In this blog post, you will learn how to cook frozen chicken patties in an air fryer, how to reheat them, and even how to take your frozen chicken patties to the next level with some amazing toppings.
RELATED: Get a FREE trial of Amazon Prime to get access to 2-day grocery deliveries!
What are frozen chicken patties?
Frozen chicken patties are chicken formed into a patty and then pre-cooked before packaging up for sale.
These are pretty much what is sold at different fast-food restaurants as chicken sandwiches. They are sometimes referred to as “chicken burgers”.
Can you cook frozen breaded chicken in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen breaded chicken in an air fryer and have fantastic results. The thing you have to remember is to use the correct setting for time and for the temperature to get the perfect crispiness.
Do you have to preheat an air fryer?
No, preheating is not required, but it can provide better results if you do.
Preheating your air fryer is super simple. You simply turn it on to the desired temperature, start it and allow it to be on for a few minutes to preheat.
This is good because you will be putting your food into an already heated air fryer which will take less time to cook your food.
How long does it take an air fryer to preheat to 400 F?
It generally takes between 3 and 5 minutes to preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F but this could vary on the style and brand of the air fryer you are using. This could also be affected if open the air fryer during this preheating time to check to see if it is hot as this will allow hot air to escape.
How long to cook frozen chicken patties in an air fryer?
It is best to preheat the air fryer for 3-4 minutes before putting your chicken patties in. You should put your frozen chicken patties in the air fryer in a single layer and cook at 400 degrees F for 7-9 minutes. You should also flip them over halfway through the time to make sure to get both sides crispy.
Copyright © All Rights Reserved. Content is written by Michelle Schmidt of dwellbymichelle.com.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Patties in an Air Fryer
frozen chicken patties
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 slices cheese , optional
- sliced tomatoes
- Preheat your
air fryerto 400 degrees F.
- Place the
frozen chicken pattiesin the air fryer side by side in one single layer and cook for 7-9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- If putting cheese on them, place a slice of cheese on each patty, and close the air fryer drawer. Cook for 30-60 seconds or until cheese melts.
- Remove them from the air fryer, place them in between a bun, then add in your favorite toppings and sauces (I recommend Sambal Aioli or Sambal Oelek Red Chili Paste). ENJOY!
How to make frozen chicken patties better
If you are a little tired of the classic chicken sandwiches, there are several ways to make frozen chicken patties better by adding a few extra ingredients or adding a sauce to jazz things up. It isn’t hard to take your frozen chicken patties to the next level.
Here are our favorite ways to make frozen chicken patties better:
- Buffalo & Blue Cheese. To make this variation of the frozen chicken patty, you just need some of your favorite buffalo sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot Sauce) and some blue cheese dressing. After the chicken patty is done you can either dip it into the hot sauce to coat or drizzle the hot sauce over it and then add some blue cheese dressing.
- Nashville Hot Chicken. For this variation, you will need some hot sauce again and some dill pickle slices. Dip your chicken patty into the sauce and top with dill pickle slices. The vinegar from the pickles really makes the flavor of the hot sauce pop.
- Bacon & Ranch Dressing. In this variation, you are going for a Chicken Bacon Ranch sandwich with crispy bacon that you can also make in an air fryer and top it with cool ranch dressing.
- Ham & Provolone Cheese. For this one you want some thinly sliced ham and Provolone cheese to make a take on a Chicken Cordon Bleu. Just before your chicken patties are done in the air fryer, top them with a slice of ham and slice of provolone cheese and continue to cook for 1 minute. This will warm the ham and melt the cheese.
Can you cook frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer fairly easily. You can cook them in an air fryer without using any additional oil or pan spray by just placing them into the air fryer in a single layer if possible or if not, shaking them every few minutes until they are crispy.
How long should you cook frozen chicken nuggets?
You should cook frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees F or until golden brown and crispy.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- your favorite dipping sauce
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place the frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer side by side in one single layer (if possible) and cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. (If you need to cook more and they have to stack – make sure to shake them 2-3 times during the cooking process)
- Remove the chicken nuggets from the air fryer and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions:
How do I cook frozen chicken patties?
The best way to frozen chicken patties is in an air fryer instead of a deep fryer because it is healthier.
The air fryer doesn’t use oil but still gets a nice crispy coating on breaded items like chicken patties and more.
How long do frozen chicken burgers take in an air fryer?
Frozen chicken patties or burgers take between 6-8 minutes at 400 degrees F and it is best to flip them over halfway through the cooking time.
Are frozen chicken patties healthy?
Frozen chicken patties are healthier when made in an air fryer in comparison to traditional deep-fried chicken because there is little to no oil involved.
The chicken patty itself is breaded so that is not as healthy as say grilled chicken but overall it is relatively healthier than a lot of other junk food options out there when consumed in moderation.
If you are looking for a quick, easy, delicious meal for a school night or even a great game day snack – then look no further than a crispy chicken sandwich using a frozen chicken patty made in the air fryer or some air fryer chicken nuggets to satisfy your cravings.
It is healthier than a lot of options out there and can be made into a ton of different combinations to meet anyone’s taste buds.
Please share with us what you thought of this if you try it or what your go-to toppings are – we would love to hear from you.
Looking for More Easy Recipes?
- How to Cook Boneless Pork Ribs in the Oven Fast
- Qdoba Grilled Chicken Copycat Recipe
- How to Cook Boudin (3 Ways to Cook The Cajun Sausage!)
- Maggiano’s Lemon Cookies Recipe (Vera’s Lemon Cookies Copycat)
- How to Make Corn Nuggets (Easy & Delicious!)
- Super Easy Quaker Cornbread
- Pan-Seared Bison Steak with Garlic Butter Sauce and Crispy Baby Potatoes
- How To Make Sriracha Bacon Jerky Without A Dehydrator
- Homemade Egg Bagel Recipe (Easy + High Protein!)
- Spicy Salmon Belly Poke Bowls (GF)
- Easy Slumgullion Recipe (American Goulash)
- Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup (GF, DF)
- Perfect Sous Vide Scallops with Herbed Brown Butter
Subscribe to DWELL and get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! In addition, follow along on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram to get all the latest updates!
If you enjoyed learning how to cook frozen chicken patties in an air fryer, please drop a comment below! I’d LOVE to know what you think! Or take a picture and share it on Instagram by tagging @dwellbymichelle so I can repost it on my stories!
Super simple for a quick weeknight dinner. Thanks!