Chuno sauce is a delicious dark brown sauce that is used as a condiment in Japanese cuisine. I love making my own chuno sauce because it’s easy, quick to make, and goes so well with tempura. This easy chuno sauce recipe requires just two ingredients and five minutes!
What is Chuno Sauce?
Chuno sauce is a popular Japanese sauce most commonly eaten with tempura.
What Does Chuno Sauce Taste Like?
Chuno sauce is a mixture of tonkatsu sauce and Worcestershire sauce. As such, chuno sauce is slightly spicy, sweet, sour, and a tad bit fruity.
What You Need to Make Chuno Sauce Recipe
What is Chuno Sauce Used For?
Chuno sauce is most commonly used as a marinade for various foods or as a dip for tempura.
How to Make Chuno Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Worcestershire sauce and Tonkatsu sauce until combined. If not used immediately, store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. ENJOY!
Looking for More Easy Japanese-Inspired Recipes?
- Extra Crispy Air Fryer Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken)
- Simple Ube Ice Cream (GF, V)
- How to Make Kohakutou Candy (Japanese Crystal Gummies)
- How To Make Spicy Mayo Sauce (5 Ingredients!)
- The Best Soyaki Sauce Recipe
- How to Make Japanese Wagashi: Nerikiri Recipe
If you make this Easy Chuno Sauce recipe, please drop a comment below! I’d LOVE to know what you think! Or take a picture and share it on Instagram by tagging @dwellbymichelle so I can repost it on my stories!
Copyright © All Rights Reserved. Content is written by Michelle Schmidt of dwellbymichelle.com.