If you’re looking to learn how to make vegan honey, this apple honey recipe is for you. To make apple honey, you only need 3 simple ingredients: apple juice, sugar, and lemon juice. It’s 100% vegan and takes as little as 15 minutes to make! I hope you give it a try.
RELATED: Get a FREE trial of Amazon Prime to get access to 2-day grocery deliveries!
What is Apple Honey?
Apple honey is a type of vegan honey made from apples, sugar, and lemon juice. It doesn’t actually contain bee-produced honey, but is similar in consistency and pairs well with pancakes, waffles, and in smoothies or teas!
What Does Apple Honey Taste Like?
Well, it depends on the recipe. Generally, vegan apple honey recipe uses a base combination of apple juice (or water and apples) and sugar. In this recipe, we’ll be adding some lemon juice and you can optionally add cinnamon to it.
What Do I Do With Vegan Apple Honey?
Apple honey can be enjoyed as you would regular honey! You can make it into a spread, a dip, or use it as is as a sweetener in tea or coffee or to drizzle on your breakfast favorites.
What You Need for This Vegan Apple Honey Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups apple juice (I recommend this organic apple juice)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (you can use coconut sugar if avoiding refined sugar)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or 3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
How to Make Apple Honey (Vegan Honey)
- In a large saucepan or pot, mix in the apple juice, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon (if using). Heat on high until the mixture comes to a rolling boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 15-25 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened.
- Pour the apple honey into a glass jar and refrigerate. That’s it! ENJOY!
Looking for More Easy Vegan Recipes?
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups (Reese’s Copycat – GF, DF, Vegan-Friendly)
- Vegan Mango & Vanilla Panna Cotta (GF, DF, V)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Smoothie (GF, DF, Vegan-Friendly)
- Vegan Tacos: Lobster Mushroom Recipe (GF, DF, VG)
- 1-Pot Vegan Cauliflower Curry (GF, DF, VG)
- Vegan Stuffed Butternut Squash with Rice & Pomegranate
- Vietnamese Spring Rolls (Shrimp & Vegan Options)
- Iced Cold Brew Latte (Healthy Starbucks Copycat)
If you make this Vegan Apple Honey recipe, please drop a comment below! I’d LOVE to know what you think! Or take a picture and share it on Instagram by tagging @dwellbymichelle so I can repost it on my stories!
Apple Honey Recipe (How to Make Vegan Honey)
- Pour the apple honey into a glass jar and refrigerate. That's it! ENJOY!