13 Best Small Deep Fryers For Extra Crispy Snacks
Make your snacks extra crispy and your meals more delicious with these 13 best small deep fryers! Find out what features you should consider when buying a compact deep fryer – and learn everything you need to know right here in this blog post!
RELATED: Get a FREE trial of Amazon Prime to get access to free express deliveries on small deep fryers, groceries, and more!
Is It Worth It To Get A Deep Fryer?
Deep fryers are the perfect option for those who love fried foods. Whether you are cooking up some extra crispy potato chips, chicken wings, onion rings, or shrimp, or you want to cook some delicious donut rings, a deep fryer is what you want to do it in.
Most deep fryers are specifically designed for ease of use, meaning they have added features such as detachable fry baskets, which enable you to drain the excess oil of your foods quickly. They are also super easy to clean with removable parts that can go in the dishwasher.
One major plus of using a deep fryer is that it provides a temperature-controlled cooking environment. Most deep fryers, no matter the size, come with an internal thermometer to prevent your oil from overheating during cooking. Their heating elements ensure even heating, and many of them have an indicator light that shows you when the oil is at the correct temperature.
If you love fried foods, getting a deep fryer is worth it for ease of use and temperature regulation.
Criteria For The Best Small Deep Fryer
Small deep fryers come in a range of styles and designs, but when it comes to choosing the best small deep fryer, you should keep your eye on the following criteria:
- Safety Features: The most important thing to ensure is that your deep fryer is safe. After all, you’ll be cooking at high temperatures. The last thing you want is hot oil splattering everywhere while cooking. Therefore, you should opt for small deep fryers with secure lids, cool-to-touch handles and exteriors, and a breakaway power cord.
- Easy Cleaning: Small deep fryers with detachable parts for easy cleaning are the best options. Look for dishwasher-safe deep fryers, especially those that have detachable frying baskets. A bonus is if your choice comes with an oil filtration feature.
- Functionality: It is essential to choose the right-sized small deep fryer. If you plan on only cooking for yourself or another person, then the smallest deep fryer is your best option. If you are cooking for more than one person, go for the larger deep fryer.
- Temperature Control: If you want to choose your desired temperature, go for a small deep fryer with an adjustable temperature gauge. If this doesn’t concern you, select one with a set temperature.
Remember that when deciding on the best small deep fryer for you, you should base your choice on your needs and preferences. What is the best option for you might not be the best choice for someone else.
13 Best Small Deep Fryers to Buy This Year
There are lots of fantastic small deep fryers on the market today. That said, these models top them all in terms of design, functionality, and overall quality. Here are the 13 best small deep fryers:
Overall Best Small Deep Fryer: Presto FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer
Presto’s FryDaddy is Amazon’s number 1 best seller for deep fryers. Its efficient 4 cups of oil to 4 cups of food ratio means it can save you money by using less oil, making it one of the best deep fryers on the market. It is a perfect choice to make some extra crispy french fries, onion rings, chicken pieces, and more.
Why I think the Presto FryDaddy is one of the best small deep fryers:
- Built-in preset thermostat for regulated temperature control
- A handy scoop means no messy basket
- Great value at an affordable price
- Both the inside and outside feature a non-stick surface for easy cleaning
Some aspects you should be aware of:
- Some users complain that there is an odor of fried oil that tends to linger after you use it.
- It doesn’t have an on-off switch, so it’s on once you plug it in until you unplug it.
- The sides get hot while cooking.
- The built-in thermostat means you can’t control the oil temperature.
Best Multi-Function Small Deep Fryer: Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer
The Presto Multi Cooker is wonderfully versatile and super compact, meaning you can fry up some mozzarella sticks or chicken tenders, steam vegetables, and cook pasta in this fantastic machine. It features a handy fry basket that can fit six servings of your favorite foods.
Why I think the Presto Kitchen Multi-Cooker is one of the best small deep fryers:
- It features a heavy cast iron base ensuring even heat retention and distribution.
- It features dishwasher-safe parts.
- The removable frying basket means you can drain the excess oil off your deep-fried foods.
- The tempered glass cover allows you to see what’s happening inside.
Some aspects you should be aware of:
- The power cord is very short
- Some users complain about the magnetic attachment of the heating probe control to the power cord, saying that it detaches easily.
- You have to assemble the product yourself before the first use.
Best Affordable Small Deep Fryer: Bella 0.9L Deep Fryer
The Bella 0.9L is the best small deep fryer for a small household. It is the perfect option for those who don’t need to cook much food in one go but still want to be able to perfectly deep fry their meals. It features a heating indicator light, a folding cool touch handle, and a chrome-accented temperature gauge.
Why I think the Bella 0.9L is one of the best small deep fryers:
- It features a hinged lid with an odor filter
- The chrome-plated basket is dishwasher friendly
- Its compact size makes it perfect for a small kitchen
Some aspects you should be aware of:
- Some reviews point out that the oil drain spout doesn’t work correctly, and when you try to pour out the oil, it drips down the side of the machine.
- Very hard to get the oil to a high temperature. Mostly it stays at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hamilton Beach Electric Deep Fryer
The Hamilton Beach is an excellent electric deep fryer and should be one of your top picks. This fantastic deep fryer features an adjustable temperature gauge, cool-touch sides, an enamel-coated oil tank, and a removable lid. The latter two features make Hamilton Beach very easy to clean.
It can hold two liters of oil, so it is the perfect option for a large family that doesn’t want to be too excessive when deep frying their food. It also features a viewing window to keep your eye on your food without getting splashed with hot oil. One thing to note is that the power cord is relatively short and does not have an on-and-off button.
Cuisinart Deep Fryer, 1.1 Quart
This Cuisinart deep fryer can hold up to ¾ pound of food with a maximum oil capacity of 1.1 liters. You can cook different foods in this electric fryer which features an anti-odor charcoal filter, a detachable power cord, and a dishwasher-safe lid, basket, and basket handle. The instruction manual gives detailed steps to remove the oil and clean the fryer.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t have an on-off switch and has a very short power cord. It is tiny, so if you wish to cook large quantities of food, this is not the deep fryer for you.
Presto CoolDaddy Cool-Touch Deep Fryer
The Presto CoolDaddy is the perfect option for home cooks. Its ease of use makes it a top choice, especially with its adjustable thermostat and indicator light letting you know when your oil is at the desired temperature. It also has a charcoal filter to prevent lingering cooked oil smells, a locking lid that prevents spattering, and a good-sized viewing window to watch the cooking process.
One thing to note is that it would be a good idea to keep your eye out for sludge or flour buildup at the bottom of the fryer. If you get a sludge buildup, you might notice that the temperature gauge reading becomes inaccurate.
Presto Stainless Steel Electric Deep Fryer
The Presto Stainless Steel electric deep fryer doesn’t use that much oil, with an oil capacity of only one liter. It has an adjustable thermostat, the indicator light shows when your fryer is plugged in, and the anodized aluminum interior ensures fast and even heating. The fry basket’s handle can fold in for easy storage, and the cool touch cover features a spatter shield.
This Presto is one of the more affordable deep fryers in the range, although it is rather challenging to clean as you cannot immerse the housing in the water due to its electrical components. You must cook your food in small batches for the best results.
Amazon Basics 2 Liter Electric Deep Fryer
The Amazon Basics 2-liter features built-in timers, a temperature adjustment dial, a viewing window to monitor your cooking, a metal mesh fry basket with hooks for convenient food removal and draining, and a wattage of 1500.
Another bonus is that even though the temperature gauge only goes up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, you can set it to above that to reach a high temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit. One thing to note is that the cord is very short, as with many of these kitchen appliances.
De’Longhi Roto Deep Fryer
The De’Longhi has unique features with its tilted rotating basket that allows you to use half the oil you would typically use but get crispier, more delicious results. It also features a unique oil drainage system for easy cleanup, an outer cool touch handle, an adjustable thermostat, replaceable filters for odorless cooking, an indicator light, and a removable timer to remind you when to check your food.
Keeping this lovely deep fryer clean is the most important thing to remember. If it gets full of crumbs, it will not turn properly. Another downside is that the magnetic power cable does not attach as firmly as one might wish.
Proctor Silex Deep Fryer with Frying Basket, Professional Grade
The Proctor Silex features a chrome-plated frying basket that can fit 1.5 liters of oil. The 1200-watt immersed heating element ensures your food gets cooked evenly and quickly. The frying basket has a handy hook that makes draining your food effortless, and its lid ensures that you don’t get any oil splatter during the cooking process. Both the oil container and the basket are dishwasher friendly.
A few setbacks include that you cannot scrub the oil tank because of its non-stick nature, the cooking process can take a long time because you might have to wait for the oil to reheat between batches, and it is a little bit flimsier than its stainless steel counterparts.
T-Fal FF492D Stainless Steel 1.2-Liter
The mini T-Fal deep fryer is the perfect option for those with smaller counter space who need a deep fryer that is a small size but can still get the job done correctly.
It can happily fit 1.2 liters of oil, has an adjustable temperature gauge to suit your needs, and its ready light shows you when your oil is at the correct temperature. Its one-touch opening provides extra safety and convenience. Its removable basket is dishwasher friendly, and the lid is removable for easy cleaning.
Some reviewers have complained that the temperature gauge is inaccurate, so check your oil before placing your food in the basket.
Ovente Electric Deep Fryer 0.9 Liter Capacity
The Ovente small deep fryer is a compact, attractive kitchen appliance, perfect for single or double-serving fry-ups. It has many safety features, making it a much safer option than one of the larger deep fryers, including a locking lid and cool touch handles.
Its adjustable temperature range allows you to select your preferred oil temperature and its 850-watt concealed heating element ensures that your oil gets heated quickly. One major noted setback is the mess that can occur during the cleaning. If you try to pour the oil out slowly, it can leak down the sides of the machine.
Chefman Fry Guy Deep Fryer with Removable Basket
This excellent cost-effective small deep fryer is the perfect option if you are looking for a compact-sized appliance to suit a small space or family with its 1-liter capacity. It features an easy-to-use temperature dial, a removable frying basket for easy, mess-free draining, and a cool touch exterior for safety. The removable basket is dishwasher safe, and the handle can fold down to make storage easier.
One issue with this appliance is that the magnetic cord does not attach properly, so you must be aware of it while cooking.
What Is The Best Wattage For A Deep Fryer?
Typically, deep fryers have a wattage of 1000 watts or over. Most of the small deep fryers in this review had wattages between 1200 and 1500.
Remember that the higher the wattage, the more powerful the deep fryer, meaning deep fryers with a higher wattage will heat the oil quicker than their less powerful counterparts.
What Size Deep Fryer Do I Need For A Turkey?
You will need a large-capacity deep fryer to fry a turkey. The best options for frying a turkey will be outdoor fryers, as many will be too large to fit indoors. The following dimensions should help when choosing the right-sized deep fryer for your turkey.
- 12-14 pound turkey – 26 quart or higher deep fryer
- 14-20 pound turkey – 34 quart or higher deep fryer
- Turkeys larger than 20 pounds – 40 quarts or higher
The small deep fryers above are not big enough to deep fry a turkey. Several large deep fryers are specifically designed to tackle this job adequately. You can look at the Amazon product page to see if there is an option for you.
Verdict: What’s The Best Small Deep Fryer?
Ultimately the best small deep fryer is the one that will suit you and your family’s needs and preferences. Out of all the small deep fryers we looked at above, the following three are some of the best options.
- Overall best small deep fryer: Presto FryDaddy – For its efficient 4:4 ratio, easy cleaning, non-stick nature, and its built-in thermostat.
- Best multifunction small deep fryer: Presto Kitchen Kettle – For its versatility, heavy cast iron base, dishwasher-safe parts, and tempered glass lid.
- Best affordable small deep fryer: Bella 0.9L – For its folding cool-touch handle, compact and good-looking design, hinged lid with odor control, and dishwasher-safe fry basket.
Which one of these options do you think is the best small deep fryer? Are there other ones we should include in this guide? Please leave a comment below – I’d love to hear!!
Looking for More Appliance Reviews?
- 12 Best Air Fryers Under $100
- The Top 15 Best Air Fryer Microwave Combo
- The 5 Ultimate Best Countertop Ovens for Baking Cakes
- 11+ Best Meat Cleavers on Amazon, According to Customer Reviews
- Best Juicers For Kale And Other Leafy Greens
- Best Rice Cookers For Basmati Rice, Jasmine Rice, and More
- 15 Best Home Theater Popcorn Machines For Your Next Movie Night
- 30 Best Electric Pizza Ovens Customers Love
- 15 Best Grind And Brew Coffee Makers For All Budgets
- 30 Best Coffee Makers Under $150
- 20 Best Air Fryer And Grill Combo To Save You Money
- 11 Best Nonstick Skillets For Eggs
- 12 Best Gooseneck Electric Kettles
- 20 Best Electric Tea Makers, According To Customer Reviews
- Best Small Wine Refrigerators And Coolers
Copyright © All Rights Reserved. Content is written by Michelle Schmidt and/or team of dwellbymichelle.com.