20 Best Electric Tea Makers, According To Customer Reviews
Make tea in literally minutes with one of these top electric tea makers. From simple stovetop kettles and advanced digital models, check out these 20 best electric tea makers and learn which features make them stand out.
As a longtime tea drinker, I often find myself wanting a good cup of tea, but too lazy at the same time to go boil water on the stovetop. So I had been looking to buy an electric tea maker for a while, and when I saw a couple on sale on Amazon a couple of Black Fridays ago, I decided to get one. After all, who doesn’t love a good cup of tea?
I was already sold on the idea of an electric tea maker, but it wasn’t until I bought one that I really appreciated its simple one-button operation. It would boil water in just minutes and keep it warm for hours – perfect for if I wanted to have multiple cups over the course of an afternoon.
Plus, this electric tea maker also included a stainless-steel filter basket which made brewing loose leaf teas really easy. Nowadays, my electric tea maker is an appliance I keep on my counters at all times so I can make a perfect cup of tea whenever I need one.
RELATED: Get a FREE trial of Amazon Prime to get access to free express deliveries on electric tea makers, groceries, and more!
What Is An Electric Tea Kettle?
An electric tea kettle (also called electric tea maker) is a kitchen appliance used for boiling water to make teas. It generally has an outer container made of metal, glass or ceramic and an internal heating element.
An electric tea kettle is plugged into an electrical outlet to function instead of a freestanding kettle unit you would use on top of a gas burner, electric stovetop, or induction cooker. It can be manufactured using several types of materials, such as:
- 10/18 Stainless steel
- Borosilicate glass and 10/18 stainless steel combination
Electric tea kettles are convenient because the heating elements heat up the water much faster than using a stove top kettle. Some models can even be programmed to boil water to certain temperatures that accommodate different brewing needs of different types of teas.
My husband and I are big tea drinkers and we love making different kinds of tea in our electric tea kettle. Whether we use loose leaf tea or tea bags, having this appliance has made the process so much faster.
Criteria For Best Electric Tea Maker
Not all electric kettles are made the same. With hundreds of electric tea makers or kettle brands on the market, you don’t want to buy a kettle that will only last you 3 months, or doesn’t do what you need it to: make hot tea.
Keep these criteria in mind when you’re shopping for the best electric tea maker:
- Safety Features: Look for kettles with an automatic shut off system, boil-dry protection, and cool touch handles that will help prevent accidents or overheating.
- Easy to Use: Check to see if the electric tea kettle has easy-to-read temperature controls. A lot of the newer models also have preset heat settings (aka preset temperatures) for added convenience.
- Durable Construction: The best kettle is made from stainless steel or another high-quality material that is strong and durable, so it can withstand long-term use without any issues.
- Fast Boiling Time: Make sure the electric tea kettle has a fast heating speed.
- Spout Design: Choose a kettle with a spout design that prevents splashing or spilling of hot water during use.
- Capacity: Consider how much water you typically make at one time when choosing the size of your electric tea kettle. You may want to get a larger capacity kettle if you like to entertain or have large families who are tea lovers.
- Price Point: Consider both the quality and price of your electric tea kettle. Compare different models to find one that meets your needs without breaking the bank.
The best electric tea maker will ultimately depend on the customer’s unique needs and preferences.
Are Electric Kettles Worth It?
Yes. Electric kettles are absolutely worth it if you’re looking for a fast, easy and efficient way to boil water to make tea or coffee.
A lot of the best electric kettles also have features such as temperature control and auto shutoff, allowing you to set precise temperatures for different types of tea or coffee without having to guess and monitor the water temperature yourself.
So not only do electric kettles allow you to quickly have boiling water ready, but they are also energy efficient and safe to use.
That said, whether an electric tea maker will be worth it for you will largely depend on your personal lifestyle and preferences.
20 Best Electric Tea Makers
Now that we have an idea of the criterias that make for the best electric tea makers, let’s look at these top picks for the 20 best electric tea makers available:
Overall Best: Viante Tea Infuser Electric Glass Kettle
As the most innovative tea maker on the list (and one made by a small company), the Viante Tea Infuser Electric Glass Kettle is for serious tea connoisseurs.
Here is why we love the Viante Tea Infuser Kettle:
- Built-in tea infuser- can be used with or without the infuser
- The base is an intuitive interface with several settings
- Preset temperature settings to make black tea, green tea, white tea, oolong tea, and even French press coffee.
Mueller Ultra 1500W Glass Electric Kettle
With the highest number of 5-star ratings and rave reviews, the Mueller Ultra 1500W Glass Electric Kettle Kettle is the best in its price point.
Here is what we love about the Mueller 1500W Tea Maker:
- A combination of stainless steel and non-toxic borosilicate glass
- Blue LED light shines while the kettle is heating the water and shuts off automatically
- It uses a super convenient, one-flick switch
- Cordless convenience for ease of movement
- A large 7-cup design or 1.8 liters of water
- Excellent safety features, which include an automatic shutoff feature once it reaches 212 degrees Fahrenheit
Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Gooseneck Kettle
With an aesthetically pleasing design and gooseneck spout, the Fellow Stagg EKG Gooseneck Kettle is a showpiece electric kettle. In addition, the unusual square base gives this kettle an edge in functionality.
Here is why we love the Fellow Stagg EKG Gooseneck Kettle:
- Non-slip handle and gooseneck spout
- Square base with LCD and control
- Keeps water warm for 60 minutes
KRUPS Smart Temperature Digital Kettle
If you are an herbal tea drinker who knows they need different temperatures and loves technology, this is the kettle for you. The KRUPS Smart Temperature Digital Kettle is all you’ll need to make the perfect cup of tea.
Here is why we love the KRUPS Smart Temperature Digital Kettle:
- Individual temperature settings for oolong, black and white tea
- Large digital display on the side of the kettle
- Double-wall stainless steel
Bodum Melior Gooseneck Electric Water Kettle
The Bodum Melior Gooseneck Electric Kettle is perfectly paired with any cup of tea and Bodum’s Pour Over coffee makers. A very uniquely designed electric kettle with a shapely gooseneck spout perfect for making herbal teas to pour-over coffee.
Here is why we love the Bodum Melior Gooseneck kettle:
- Ergonomically designed spout
- Angled sustainable cork non-slip handle
- A powerful base that heats up the water rapidly
Ovente 1,5 Liter Glass Electric Kettle
Suppose you love matching colors in your kitchen. In that case, the Ovente 1,5 Liter Glass Electric tea maker range is anything but basic.
The colorful, stainless steel and borosilicate glass kettles are striking and will brighten up any cup of tea or coffee.
Here is what we love about the Ovente 1,5 Liter Glass Electric Kettle:
- Bright and striking color options
- Sleek glass and stainless steel combinations
- Wide top opening makes filling with water and cleaning easy
- Safety precautions include a cold-touch handle
- A single button for on or off
Hamilton Beach Glass Electric Tea Kettle
A lovely kettle for a small space or for somebody who drinks a single cup of tea at a time. The Hamilton Beach Glass Tea Kettle reaches boiling point rapidly, which is very convenient if you’re in a hurry.
Here is what we love about the Hamilton Beach Glass tea kettle:
- Fast boiling with LED light to indicate the water is at the right temperature
- Cordless convenience to serve hot water anywhere in the kitchen
- Built-in filter to prevent scaling
COSORI Stainless Steel Kettle With Filter
This smart COSORI Stainless Steel Kettle with Filter is one of the top-selling 7-cup electric kettles on the USA market. The company name is a great acronym, and its quality is legendary.
Here is why we love the COSORI Stainless Steel Kettle with Filter:
- Dripless spout
- Rapid boiling action
- Wide mouth for easy cleaning and filling
- Food-grade borosilicate glass
Cuisineart Cordless 1.7L Electric Kettle
One of the market’s favorite and most functional cordless kettles is the Cuisineart Cordless 1.7L Electric Kettle.
Various presets for different water temperatures will help you make the perfect cup of tea.
Here is why we love the Cuisineart Cordless 1.7 Electric tea maker:
- One-touch controls and 6 temperature presets
- Can keep your water warm for 30 minutes
- It can be removed from its base, and it will stay on for a further 2 minutes
- Non-slip handle that stays cool to prevent burns
Elite Gourmet Electric BPA-Free Glass Kettle
Want to know the fastest ways to enjoy a hot cup of tea or coffee? Then look at the Elite Gourmet BPA-free Glass Kettle as an option. This lovely honeypot kettle is quint but functional.
Here is why we love the Elite Gourmet Glass Kettle:
- Available in different sizes from 1L to 1,7L
- Manual dial to choose different temperature settings from heat to 190 degrees F
- Vintage colors
- BPA-Free glass
Ovente 1.7 Liter Electric Kettle With LED Light
The Ovente 1.7 Liter Electric Kettle comes in various stunning pastel colors. The BPA-plastic ensures safe drinking water to make sure your favorite herbal tea can be enjoyed stress-free.
Here is what we love about the Ovente Electric Kettle:
- Rapidly boils 1.7L or 5 to 7 cups of water
- Uses very little electricity
- BPA-free plastic ensures safe drinking water
- 5-7 cups of water capacity
Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Portable Electric Kettle
The sleek design of the Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Portable electric kettle is perfect for any modern kitchen counter and boils water in a few minutes.
Here is what we love about the Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Portable Electric Kettle:
- Sleek polished stainless steel look with the element concealed
- Great for singles or students as it is on the smaller side with a 1-liter water capacity
- A single on-off switch below the cool touch handle
- Gives you boiling water within minutes to enjoy your favorite cup of tea
- Safety features include a self-turn-off mechanism to prevent burning out the element
Comfee 1.7L Stainless Steel Electric Tea Kettle
The BPA-free Comfee 1.7L Stainless Steel Kettle has a lovely upright design and a spill-prevention spout. The stainless steel is 304 food grade and easy to clean.
Here is why we love the Comfee 1.7L Stainless Steel Kettle:
- Easy to use single switch tea maker
- 360-degree swivel action on the British Strix thermostat base
- Collectible cord storage
- Boils 1.7L in under 7 minutes
Amazon Basics 1L Electric Glass and Steel Kettle
This range does not stand back from other well-known brands. The Amazon Basic 1L Electric Glass Kettle is compact with an auto-shutoff feature.
Here is why we love the Amazon Basics 1L Electric Glass and Steel Kettle:
- Stylish BPA-free glass and steel combination
- Boil dry protection and an auto shutoff feature
- Fast boiling 1L unit
- Perfect for herbal teas and coffee
Secura Double Wall Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
One of the top pics in double-walled electric tea makers must be the Secura Stainless Steel Electric Kettle. It’s a beautiful kitchen appliance, and its elegant style and various colors will suit any modern-designed kitchen.
Here is why we love the Secura Double Wall Stainless Steel Kettle:
- Available in 6 bold colors
- Large 1.8-quart capacity
- Fitted with a British Strix element
- Double-walled 100% stainless steel inside and outside
BELLA Ceramic Electric Tea Kettle
One of the only ceramic kettles in the top picks, the beautifully decorated BELLA Ceramic Electric Tea Kettle says: ‘I’m unique and different!’
Here is what we love about the BELLA Ceramic Tea Kettle:
- Made with a high-quality ceramic
- Easy to use single button
- Beautiful designs and ceramic allows for easy cleaning
Pohl Schmitt 1.7L Electric Kettle With Stainless Steel Filter
A powerful 1500W coil heats up water in the Pohl Schmitt Stainless Steel And Glass Kettle within 7 minutes. That’s fast for a kettle with such a large capacity.
Here is what we love about the Pohl Schmitt Stainless Steel and Glass Kettle:
- Large BPA-free borosilicate glass surface with blue LED
- Cordless design for easy use
- Stainless steel micro filter
Chefman 1.7 Liter Electric Glass Tea Kettle
The Chefman 1.7 Liter Electric Glass Tea Kettle is a short but wider BPA-free borosilicate glass kettle with a cordless base.
Here is why we love the Chefman Kettle:
- Easy to use
- Large 1,7L capacity
- Clear display and blue LED
T-Magitic Collapsible Tea Kettle For Travel
Love tea and traveling? Take a look at the convenient T-Magitic Collapsible Tea Kettle For Travel before planning your next adventure.
Here is why we love the T-Magitic Collapsible Kettle:
- Made from food-grade silicon
- Collapsible making it easy to pack for travel or camping
Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel Electric Tea Kettle
Stainless steel kettles can get hot rapidly, but the Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel Electric kettle sports a cool touch handle.
The handle prevents burns and an easy pour spout that prevents spillage, and with 18000 plus reviews, this is a popular model.
Here is why we love the Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel Electric kettle:
- Heats up fast
- Easy to fill and clean
- The safety features are advanced
Verdict: What’s the Best Electric Tea Maker?
The overall best electric kettle for most people will be the Mueller Ultra 1500W Glass Kettle. It’s top-quality, reliable, easy-to-use, and comes in at a very affordable price.
If you’re looking for a more higher-end model, the best electric kettle is hands down the Fellow Stagg EKG Gooseneck Kettle. It’s personally my favorite!
But if you’re looking for truly the best electric tea maker, I recommend the Viante Tea Infuser! It comes with specific temperature settings for different teas, and a built-in infuser for loose leaf teas. This kettle was made for teas!
Which one of these options do you think is the best electric tea maker? Are there other ones we should include in this guide? Please leave a comment below – I’d love to hear!!
Looking For More Product Reviews & Deals?
- 12 Best Gooseneck Electric Kettles
- 5 BEST Matcha Whisk You Can Buy on Amazon
- 7 Best Rice Cookers For Basmati Rice, Jasmine Rice, and More
- Caraway Review: Deets on The Sustainable Cookware (With Photos)
- 12 Best Air Fryers Under $100
- The 5 Ultimate Best Countertop Ovens for Baking Cakes
- 7 Best Travel Kettles For Your Next Trip
- Best Juicers For Kale And Other Leafy Greens
- 30 Best Double Gas Ovens & Ranges to Upgrade Your Kitchen
- 11 Best Whole30 Cookbooks, According to Customer Reviews
- 15 Best Sugar Free & Low Sugar Snacks To Try This Year
- The Top 15 Best Air Fryer Microwave Combo
- 15 Best Home Theater Popcorn Machines For Your Next Movie Night
- 30 Best Electric Pizza Ovens Customers Love
- 15 Best Grind And Brew Coffee Makers For All Budgets
- 30 Best Coffee Makers Under $150
- 20 Best Air Fryer And Grill Combo To Save You Money
- 11 Best Nonstick Skillets For Eggs
Subscribe to DWELL and get new recipes and product reviews delivered straight to your inbox! In addition, follow along on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram to get all the latest updates!
Copyright © All Rights Reserved. Content is written by Michelle Schmidt and/or team of dwellbymichelle.com.