Are you on a keto diet and missing that sweet touch in your morning coffee? Looking for the best way to make your own homemade coffee syrup that fits your low-carb lifestyle? This sugar-free keto coffee syrup recipe is the perfect solution! It’s a great replacement for regular sugar and store-bought syrups filled with added sugar and artificial sweeteners.
This homemade sugar-free coffee syrup not only sweetens your favorite drinks but also helps your blood sugar levels remain steady. It’s a simple recipe with only a few ingredients, and the best part is, it actually tastes delicious!
RELATED: Get a FREE trial of Amazon Prime to get access to free express deliveries on ingredients to make this keto coffee syrup recipe, and much more!
What You Need to Make Keto Coffee Syrup
- Keto sweetener: Replaces regular sugar, providing sweetness without raising blood sugar levels. We recommend monk fruit sweetener, allulose, or erythritol.
- Water: Combines with the keto sweetener to create a syrup consistency.
- Xanthan gum or guar gum: Acts as a thickening agent, providing the right texture for the syrup.
- Optional flavorings: Cinnamon sticks, vanilla extract, or other keto flavoring syrups enhance the taste of the coffee syrup.
How to Make Keto Coffee Syrup
- Combine: Mix water and keto sweetener in a small saucepan.
- Heat & thicken: Heat the mixture until the sweetener dissolves, add gum, and let it thicken.
- Cool & flavor: Allow the syrup to cool and optionally add your desired flavorings.
- Store: Pour the cooled syrup into an airtight container for storage. And that’s it! Your homemade keto coffee syrup is ready. Add it to your morning coffee or iced coffee, and even to homemade lemonades and your favorite cocktails.
Refer to the recipe card for detailed measurements and instructions.
Keto Syrup Variations
Feeling adventurous? Why not try making variations of this simple recipe:
- Keto Vanilla Syrup: Add 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract to the base recipe for a sugar-free vanilla syrup that’s perfect for lattes.
- Keto Cinnamon Syrup: Throw in a couple of cinnamon sticks while the syrup is simmering for a sugar-free cinnamon syrup that adds a warming touch to your drinks.
- Keto Caramel Syrup: Add a tablespoon of butter and a splash of heavy cream to your syrup at the end of the cooking process. Let it cool, and you’ve got a sugar-free caramel syrup perfect for a keto-friendly caramel macchiato!
- Keto Maple Syrup: Add a teaspoon of maple extract to your syrup to create a keto maple syrup that’s perfect for your keto pancakes or waffles.
Making your own homemade sugar-free coffee syrup not only allows you to control the ingredients and the sweetness, but it also lets you experiment with different flavors. With this keto coffee syrup recipe, your morning cup of coffee will never be boring again!
Storing Your Keto Syrup
Store your homemade coffee syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to a month. Just give it a good shake before using!
Enjoying Your Keto-Friendly Drinks
This keto coffee syrup recipe is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without worrying about the sugar content. It’s a versatile syrup that can be used in a variety of keto drinks and low-carb cocktails. You can even try new recipes like a keto-friendly pumpkin spice latte or add some MCT oil for an energy boost.
Easy Keto Coffee Syrup Recipe
- Combine water and sweetener in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low and sprinkle in gum. Stir until fully dissolved and the syrup begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Optionally add flavorings and let infuse as it cools.
- Once cool, strain if necessary and store in an airtight container. Enjoy this keto-friendly syrup in your coffee, tea, and other favorite drinks!
- Choose a sweetener that’s suitable for you. Monk fruit sweetener, allulose, or erythritol are all good choices with zero net carbs and zero calories.
- For flavored syrup, add in a couple of cinnamon sticks or a splash of vanilla extract while the syrup is still warm and allow the flavors to infuse as it cools.
- If you prefer a thicker syrup, you can add a bit more xanthan gum or guar gum. Just remember to add in small amounts to avoid a gloopy texture.
Say goodbye to store-bought syrups with high sugar content and hello to this easy, delicious homemade keto coffee syrup. It’s a great addition to your keto diet, helping you to maintain stable blood sugar levels while satisfying your craving for a sweet touch in your drinks.
Whether it’s a hot cup of coffee on a cold morning, a refreshing iced coffee on a hot day, or a even a comforting homemade lemonade, this keto coffee syrup recipe will take your drinks to the next level. Try it today, and don’t forget to let us know how much you loved it!
Made this keto coffee syrup recipe? We’d love to see! Share your coffee syrup creations on Instagram by tagging @dwellbymichelle so I can repost it on my stories! Or drop a comment below, I’d LOVE to know what you think!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have sugar free coffee syrup on keto? Is sugar free coffee syrup OK on keto?
Absolutely! This keto coffee syrup recipe provides a fantastic sugar-free alternative to traditional simple syrups. Made with simple ingredients like a low carb sweetener (such as monk fruit extract or half allulose), water, and a natural thickener, it’s a perfect addition to your morning coffee drinks. It adds sweetness without the guilt or the impact on your blood sugar levels, making it an ideal choice for the keto diet.
What can I substitute for maple syrup for keto?
For a keto-friendly substitute for maple syrup, you can make sugar-free maple syrup using similar ingredients to our keto coffee syrup recipe. Simply add a dash of maple extract for that authentic flavor. There are also several brands, like Torani Sugar-Free syrups, that offer a sugar-free maple syrup perfect for a keto diet.
What can I use instead of honey on keto diet?
On a keto diet, a great substitute for honey is a sugar-free syrup made with a low carb sweetener like monk fruit extract or even a sugar alcohol like Swerve. These substitutes have a similar sweetness to honey but with a much lower glycemic index.
Do sugar free syrups have carbs in them?
Sugar-free syrups, especially those made for keto diets, typically contain minimal to zero net carbs. They’re sweetened with sugar substitutes like monk fruit extract or sugar alcohols, which have zero glycemic impact.
Can you have syrup on keto?
Yes, as long as it’s a sugar-free syrup. This keto coffee syrup recipe, for instance, is keto-friendly and a great way to sweeten your coffee without adding carbs.
Is Torani syrup keto friendly?
Torani offers a range of sugar-free syrups that are indeed keto-friendly. These ones use sugar substitutes that do not affect blood sugar levels, making them a good option for those following a keto diet.
Is Skinny syrups keto friendly?
Skinny Syrups are usually sugar-free and thus can be considered keto-friendly. However, always check the label to ensure there are no hidden carbs or sugars.
What syrup is keto friendly?
Our homemade keto coffee syrup recipe is a great keto-friendly syrup. Other commercial options include Torani Sugar-Free syrups and Skinny Syrups, which are also suitable for a keto diet.
What can I sweeten my coffee with on keto?
On a keto diet, you can sweeten your coffee with this homemade keto coffee syrup, liquid sweeteners like stevia, or even a bit of heavy cream for a richer taste.
Can I have sugar free syrup in my coffee on keto?
Yes, you can! A sugar-free syrup like the one in our keto coffee syrup recipe is a perfect way to sweeten your coffee on a keto diet without adding any extra carbs.
Looking for More Delicious Low-Carb & Keto Recipes?
- How to Make Proffee (Protein Coffee TikTok Trend)
- Easy Coffee Soda Recipe
- How to Make Nitro Cold Brew Coffee (Better than Starbucks!)
- Easy Keto Spaetzle (Low-Carb, 4 Ingredients!)
- Savory Dutch Baby (Gluten-Free, Keto, Low Carb, Vegetarian)
- 25+ Best Keto Snacks You Need to Stock Up On This Month (Low-Carb Finds)
- Applebee’s Cedar Grilled Lemon Chicken Copycat Recipe
- Extra Cheesy Hot Nacho Dip (GF, V)
- 4-Ingredient Sugar Free Jello Recipe (Strawberry & More Flavors!)
- Viral TikTok Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Homemade Bone Broth Recipe
Copyright © All Rights Reserved. Content is written by Michelle Schmidt and/or team of dwellbymichelle.com.