10 Best Dairy Free Protein Shakes & Protein Powders
Searching for the best dairy-free protein shake can seem daunting. There are so many options on the market, it can be hard to know where to start. But don’t worry, here is a list of the 10 best dairy free protein shakes to get you started on your search.
Dairy-free protein shakes are quickly becoming a popular choice for vegans, vegetarians, those with lactose intolerance, and others on a plant-based diet who wants to increase their protein intake.
It’s a great alternative to traditional whey or casein-based protein powders. Fortunately, with a variety of flavors available, there are a lot of options when it comes to dairy-free protein shakes!
RELATED: Get a FREE trial of Amazon Prime to get access to free express deliveries on dairy-free protein shakes, groceries, and more!
Benefits of Dairy Free Protein Shakes & Protein Powders
Dairy-free protein shakes offer a variety of nutritional benefits and can be used to supplement daily nutrition. The benefits include:
- A convenient way to get more plant-based proteins into your diet without having to rely on animal protein sources.
- Lower fat and cholesterol content, which can help protect the heart and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Some of these dairy-free protein shakes come from sources such as nuts or seeds that are naturally lower in saturated fat than cow’s milk protein.
- Plant-based proteins are high in fiber, which can help with digestion, regulate blood sugar levels, promote a feeling of fullness, and assist in weight loss.
- Dairy-free options are often easier to digest than traditional whey or casein proteins found in regular shakes
- A wider variety of flavors and textures to choose from compared to traditional whey protein shakes
- Potentially better digestion, as some plant-based proteins may be easier to digest than those found in dairy products due to their higher fiber content and lower levels of lactose.
- Often fortified with additional vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B12 and iron.
10 Best Dairy Free Protein Shakes & Protein Powders
Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder makes one of the best dairy free Protein Shakes for those looking to increase their intake of plant-based proteins. Just look at all the positive reviews on Amazon from over 50,000 happy customers!
This organic vegan protein powder is an ideal source of complete proteins made with real foods like organic pea protein, chia seeds protein, and brown rice protein.
As for the macros, each serving provides 21g of plant-based protein and 2g of fiber. It is also gluten-free, soy-free, non-GMO, and USDA-certified organic.
Keep in mind that each serving of this protein powder is 2 scoops, not 1. We love the Creamy Chocolate Fudge flavor!
Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake
Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake is one of the best vegan protein powders that’s sugar-free, gluten-free, and low glycemic.
It has 20 grams of protein from peas, hemp, sacha inchi, and flax protein for a complete amino acid profile as well as 50 percent of your daily intake of vitamins and minerals in every scoop.
It also has probiotics for digestive health along with 25% of your daily fiber for balanced nutrition.
And best of all? All Vega shakes are free from gluten, soy, and dairy products.
This dairy-free shake comes in 4 flavors: French Vanilla, Berry, Coconut Almond, and Chocolate.
Garden Of Life Raw Organic Protein
Another great choice for those looking specifically for a vegan shake is this one from Garden Of Life. With 22 grams of raw organic sprouted protein per serving, it provides a good balance between grain-based proteins such as quinoa and legumes like peas and sprouted seeds as well as 3 billion CFU of live probiotics for improved digestion.
In terms of flavors, you have four options: classic vanilla flavor (my favorite!), chocolate shake (for those who love a rich cocoa flavor), vanilla chai shake (which mixes spices like nutmeg and ginger with light hints of vanilla), or plain unflavored (for those who prefer a more neutral taste).
LyfeFuel Recovery Workout Shake
LyfeFuel Recovery Workout Shake is a complete vegan protein powder that provides everything you need for post-workout muscle repair and recovery. It contains 25 grams of plant-based proteins sourced from organic brown rice, Canadian yellow peas, and quinoa protein.
This balanced blend of protein sources makes it easier to digest and allows your body to absorb the entire spectrum of essential amino acids from real whole foods. The shake also features an array of vitamins and minerals along with enzymes, probiotics, prebiotics, and antioxidants to support your overall health.
LyfeFuel’s Recovery Workout Shake is best taken after a workout as it helps build up lean muscle mass, replenish electrolytes, reduce inflammation in the muscles, and enhance digestion and absorption of nutrients from other food sources. As an added bonus, each scoop includes 4.5g of branched-chain amino acids to build lean muscle.
Naked Nutrition Pea Protein Powder
Naked Nutrition’s pea protein powder offers up to 24 g protein per scoop along with 4 grams of fiber thus providing a heavy dose of both energy and nutrition in one convenient package! With no gluten or GMO ingredients included, this plant-based powder still manages to provide all five essential amino acids that your body needs to stay healthy and strong!
KOS Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
If you’re looking for something even more natural than the Naked brand then why not try KOS? Providing 25g of plant-based protein per serving this product is made without any artificial sweeteners or flavors but instead relies on natural stevia leaf extract instead! Plus it boasts an impressive 7g dietary fiber making it an ideal choice for weight management too!
SunWarrior Classic Plus Protein Powder
Packed with 18g complete protein sourced from pea, cranberry seed, quinoa seed & goji berry this delicious shake from Sunwarrior is sure to keep you going throughout the day! Its nutrient dense formulation also includes omega 3 fatty acids which help support additional muscle growth while adding flavor too thanks to monk fruit extract included as part of its sweetening blend!
Isopure Zero Carb Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate Powder: As suggested by its name this Zero Carb whey isolate comes completely unflavored meaning you can choose how best to add taste depending on your own personal preference—adding fruits or other flavors are just some ideas available to make your experience truly unique! Plus it still contains 25g whey isolate per scoop thus packing plenty punch when used post workout too!
NOW Sports Pea Protein Isolate
NOW Sports provide another excellent option when searching for low carb dairy free shakes thanks to their 14g pea isolate formula which provides plenty nourishment without any added calories or sugar content too! An added bonus here lies within its range of essential amino acids making this another top pick if you’re looking for something truly wholesome yet still delicious in taste too!
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Plant Based Vegan Protein
Another delicious option and one of the best lactose-free protein powders is Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard 100% Plant Based Vegan Protein. It offers 23g plant based proteins alongside 5g BCAA’s (branched chain amino acids) per serving—both proven valuable when aiming towards muscle growth & repair naturally post workout sessions etc… Meaning there really is nothing stopping you from reaching peak performance here—nothing except yourself that is!!
Jarrow Formulas Hemp Protein Powder
Last but certainly not least comes Jarrow Formulas Hemp blend consisting 15g hemp derived proteins plus 10 essential amino acids required by adults but rarely obtained through traditional sources anymore!
Although lacking much sweetness due its lack artificial additives/sweeteners it does offer up plenty health benefits including increased digestive health through the addition of prebiotic fibers included within each scoop taken.
How to Serve Dairy Free Protein Powders
- The simplest way to serve these protein powders is to make a protein shake by mixing them with plant-based milk, like almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk, or oat milk.
- Combine the powder with your favorite fruits and vegetables for a delicious smoothie or shake.
- Mix into your morning oatmeal
- Add a scoop to your baked goods for an easy way to increase the protein content
Verdict: Which is the Best Dairy Free Protein Shake?
Overall it’s important to remember that when deciding on which dairy-free protein shake best suits your needs you should look at factors such as price point, nutrient profile, and flavor preference.
That being said, here are our top picks:
- Best Affordable Dairy-Free Protein Powder: Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Best Dairy Free Protein Shake for Post-Workout: LyfeFuel Recovery Workout Shake
- Best Organic Dairy Free Protein Powder: Garden Of Life Raw Organic Protein
Which one of these options do you think is the best dairy free protein shake? Are there other ones we should include in this guide? Please leave a comment below – I’d love to hear!!
Looking for More Product Reviews?
- 21+ Best Gluten-Free Protein Bars
- 11 Best Whole30 Cookbooks, According to Customer Reviews
- 15 Best Sugar Free & Low Sugar Snacks To Try This Year!
- 25+ Best Vegan Probiotic Supplements To Keep Your Gut Healthy
- My Urthbox Review + Get A FREE Box!
- Caraway Review: Deets on The Sustainable Cookware (With Photos)
- My Organifi Red Juice Review + 15% Off
- My TokyoTreat Review – Here’s What I Got!
- MasterClass Cooking Review: Is The MasterClass Culinary Arts Course Any Good?
- Cratejoy Review: 7 Best Cratejoy Subscription Boxes To Try This Month
- Kencko Review: Trying All Their Smoothie Flavors + FREEBIE!
- Mighty Fix Subscription Review + 72% Off Coupon
- 13+ Must-Try Wine Subscription Boxes And Best Wine Clubs
Subscribe to DWELL and get new recipes and product reviews delivered straight to your inbox! In addition, follow along on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram to get all the latest updates!
Copyright © All Rights Reserved. Content is written by Michelle Schmidt of dwellbymichelle.com.