This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tacos for All Occasions
If you know me, you know that I’m a HUGE fan of tacos. Growing up in Indonesia, tacos were not on my radar until I was about 10 years old. And OH MY GOODNESS. I’m not sure how I’ve lived without it! Such a versatile and flavor-packed meal, you really can’t go wrong with tacos! So whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, this Easy Breakfast Tacos recipe is a sure crowd-pleaser and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare!
Change It Up!
I’m always a fan of variation. With tacos, the options seem endless! Here are some yummy ways to change up your breakfast tacos game:
– Add meat: Shredded chicken, beef barbacoa, bacon, chorizo, or sausage are all great options.
– Add veggies: Crispy roasted potatoes, fresh spinach, corn, red cabbage, sautéed kale, scallions, and so much more!
– Change Up Your Cheese: There are lots of different kinds of cheese, why not try a couple different ones and see what you like? Our household favorite is PepperJack!
– Vegan Option: Omit the eggs and substitute with scrambled tofu! Use beans instead of meat for extra protein.
RELATED: Get a FREE trial of Amazon Prime to get access to 2-day grocery deliveries!
Ready for the Recipe?
Looking for More Breakfast Ideas?
Easy Breakfast Tacos
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 4-5 mushrooms sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1-2 tbsp milk or water (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tortillas corn or flour
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- Additional toppings: cheese, sour cream, cilantro
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sautee until transluscent. Then add in zucchini, red bell peppers, and mushrooms to the pan. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Stir until lightly browned.
- Crack the eggs into the pan. For extra creamy scrambles, add in a splash of milk (for vegan, use almond milk!) Stir with a wooden spoon until eggs are cooked to your preferred degree of doneness. If you are using cheese, add here. Remove from heat.
- Warm up the tortillas on a skillet on high heat (about 10 seconds per side).
- Assemble the tacos: add a spoonful of the scrambled eggs mixture on a tortilla, then top it up with sliced avocado, salsa, red pepper flakes (optional), and any other toppings you'd like!
- Serve immediately. ENJOY!