The PERFECT Summer Side
Anyone else a fan of summer cookouts with friends? My husband and I sure are! Typically, when we’re not the ones hosting, we are often asked to bring sides. On a non-summer season, our potluck “crowd favorites” include these yummy dips, 4-ingredient bagels, and even our healthy banana bread (yes, you read that right!) But today, I’ll be showing you how to make these highly-requested summer cookout side: our Fresh Mexican Tomato Salad!
Honestly, I could eat this salad everyday. So refreshing, so fresh, and so easy to make, I guarantee this Fresh Mexican Tomato Salad to be a hit at every party! Made with healthy ingredients and a whole lot of love, this perfect party side comes together in just 15 minutes, but tastes even better when made a few hours beforehand. Oh, and of course, this tastes AMAZING when paired with our homemade flour tortillas! Ready for the recipe??
A summer classic!
Ingredients to Make Fresh Mexican Tomato Salad
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes , halved
- ½ cup cilantro , chopped
- 2 large limes , juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 can black beans
- 1-2 can(s) corn
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- ¾ tsp sea salt , adjust to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper , adjust to taste
- cayenne (optional)
RELATED: Get a FREE trial of Amazon Prime to get access to 2-day grocery deliveries!
How to Make Fresh Mexican Tomato Salad
- In a large bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, corn, onions, bell pepper, and black beans. Add the lime juice, olive oil, honey, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne (optional). Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour to allow flavors to meld. Stir before serving. ENJOY!
Looking for More Delicious Appetizer Recipes?
- Easy Homemade Flour Tortillas (DF, V)
- The Best Ever Dips: Creamy Avocado & Hummus (GF, DF, V)
- Easy Breakfast Tacos (GF, DF, V Options)
- Game Day Favorite Herbed Garlic Dip (GF, DF, VG)
- Extra Cheesy Hot Nacho Dip (GF, V)
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini (GF, V)
- The BEST Mac and Cheese Bites (Three Cheese!)
- Easy Caprese Toast with Pan-Roasted Tomatoes, Basil, and Fresh Mozzarella (V)
- Sambal Aioli (Hot Chili Aioli) Dipping Sauce
- The Ultimate Taco Truck Green Sauce Recipe
- How To Make Spicy Mayo Sauce (5 Ingredients!)
If you make this Fresh Mexican Tomato Salad, please drop a comment below! I’d LOVE to know what you think! Or take a picture and share it on Instagram by tagging @dwellbymichelle!
Fresh Mexican Tomato Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.