In this Lumineux review, I’ll share with you my personal experience with the Lumineux Teeth Whitening Kit. This review is not sponsored but may contain affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own based on my personal experience with the product.
Summary of This Lumineux Review:
- The Lumineux whitening kit works, but it is a more subtle whitening and will not give you bright white teeth.
- Everything in the whitening kit is made out of natural ingredients – no harsh chemicals here.
- Taste-wise, the strips have a citrusy taste, not minty like other brands you might be used to.
- The whitening strips are great for sensitive teeth! I did not feel pain using them.
- It’s $50 per one-month supply whitening kit, or $38.25 per kit if you subscribe & save (you can cancel anytime)
- You can use the code DWELLBYMICHELLE15 to get 15% off your Lumineux purchase (only applies for one-time purchases, subscriptions not included)
What is Lumineux?
Lumineux Oral Essentials is a natural oral care brand. One of their most popular products is the all-in-one teeth whitening kit that claims to be a natural substitute to other chemically-derived whitening kits on the market.
All Lumineux products are non-toxic and have non-sensitive formulas. Instead of chemicals, Lumineux products use essential oils (like peppermint and clove oil), minerals, coconut oil, and aloe vera.
Their motto is: “you shouldn’t have to choose between a product that is good for you, and a product that actually works.”
What’s Included The Lumineux Whitening Kit?
- 14 teeth whitening strips (7 treatments)
- 3.75oz teeth Whitening toothpaste
- 16 oz teeth whitening mouthwash
- Bamboo toothbrush
How to Use the Lumineux Teeth Whitening System
- Apply the whitening strips and wear them for 30 minutes.
- Take out the strips, then brush your teeth with the Whitening Toothpaste for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse with the Lumineux Whitening Mouthwash for at least 1 minute.
My Before & After Lumineux Review Picture
For these before and after pictures, I asked my husband to take the photos in the same location (outside my house) and I didn’t put filters on them so you can see what they actually look like.
I really did my best to take the photos in the same spot at the same time of day so I can show you the most accurate before and after pictures for this Lumineux review, but please understand that obviously since I took this 2 weeks apart, the lighting may not be 100% the same.
You can see here that in the before picture, my teeth had yellowed a bit.
In the after photo (after I went through the entire kit according to the directions: strips, toothpaste, and the mouthwash for 2 weeks), you can see that my teeth did lighten.
It wasn’t as drastic of whitening as other teeth whitening brands, though. So yes, it works. But it won’t’ result in crazy white teeth, if that’s what you’re looking for. I’ll explain more in the section below, but think of Lumineux as a natural whitener.
The Big Lumineux Review Question: Do Lumineux Whitening Strips Work?
The short answer is: yes, Lumineux whitening kit works. However, I do have to mention that it will only whiten your teeth up to a certain whiteness. It’s not as quick as other whitening treatments I’ve used, but it also doesn’t have all the chemicals in there.
So I guess that depends on what you value more: natural ingredients for a whiter teeth, or chemically derived ingredients for a bright white teeth.
My Comprehensive Lumineux Review
Delivery & Packaging
After I ordered the Lumineux Whitening Kit from the website, the package came in the mail very quickly, about 3 business days.
As far as packaging goes, I thought it was very cute how they shipped it. Here’s a picture of the Lumineux Whitening Kit I got. It came with a bunch of white paper fillers, which is absolutely unnecessary but it made the unboxing super fun.
Taste-wise, the Lumineux products in this whitening kit had a citrusy flavor to it.
At first, it was a little weird because I’m used to the minty flavor of other whitening strips, but after a while (about 3 treatments in), I started preferring this because this formula is more “sweet” and less “spicy” than other mint-based teeth whiteners.
One thing I appreciate about Lumineux is the fact that they don’t use harmful chemicals in their products! No worries about accidentally swallowing whitening strip residue and no irritating or hash bleaches.
Lumineux claims that their products are certified non toxic, enamel friendly, and safe for composites, porcelain veneers and crowns (I have veneers on 2 of my teeth, so I appreciated this).
Here are the ingredient lists of everything in the Lumineux Whitening Kit:
Vegetable Glycerol, Deionized Water, Carbomer, Carboxymethyl, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Dead Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Salvia Officinalis (Sage Oil), Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil
Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Xylitol*, Purified Water (Aqua), Dead Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Organic Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil
Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Xylitol*, Hydrated Silica, Purified Water (Aqua), Dead Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Xanthan Gum*, Titanium Dioxide, Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Oil, Carrageenan†, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Organic Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil
Bamboo Handle, Castor Oil Bristles (100% Biodegradable)
Sensitivity / Pain
My experience with the Lumineux whitening strips has been that I have had mostly no sensitivity to them – which makes sense, considering they are made with natural ingredients.
I did, however, feel a very slight tingling for about 2-3 minutes on my fourth strip – but that was about it. It was about the only time I had any kind of sensation to the strips.
For reference, I used the strips every other day for 2 weeks.
With the toothpaste and mouthwash, I did not feel any sensitivity.
For the first few treatments, I have to say I didn’t notice much of a difference.
It wasn’t really until the end (around my 6th or last treatment) that I could discern a noticeable whitening in my teeth.
There are some other Lumineux reviews out there that mention they see a difference within the first use. That was not my experience. I actually did not notice much of a difference until the end.
But comparing my teeth before and after I used Lumineux (not just in the photos but in real life), I will say that it does whiten your teeth. Just not drastically, which again, makes sense since it uses natural ingredients.
Overall Review of Lumineux Whitening Kit
Overall, I do love the Lumineux Whitening Kit – specifically the strips.
Do I recommend them? Yes.
Should you buy them? That is 100% up to you.
For me, I tend to prefer natural products, so knowing that Lumineux uses natural ingredients and gives me a whiter teeth is enough for me to use this again. That alone makes this one of the best whitening strips in my book – and I hope it’s the first whitening kit of many to take a more natural approach.
However, if you want crazy white teeth and don’t really have sensitivity issues to whitening chemicals, then you might want to buy something like Crest White Strips.
If anything else, I’d recommend trying them once – and if you love them, then you’ve just found a whitening treatment that is actually better for you. But if you don’t get good results, then claim the money-back guarantee and continue with your regular whitening strips 🙂
How Much Does the Lumineux Whitening Kit Cost?
Currently, the Lumineux Teeth Whitening Kit costs $50 for a one-month supply kit.
If you choose their Subscribe & Save option, you can subscribe to the same whitening kit for a discounted price of $38.25 per kit. With the subscription option, you can choose to receive a new kit every 30, 45, or 60 days.
And if after subscribing you decide Lumineux is not for you, you can cancel the subscription at any time, no questions asked.
Best of all, you can try these kits essentially risk-free because Lumineux offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on their products. This was honestly the reason I got the whitening kit because I thought: “hey, if it works, great! If not, I’ll get my money back!”
Where Can I Buy Lumineux Teeth Whitening Kit?
To buy the Lumineux Teeth whitening kit (and other Lumineux products), you can visit the official Lumineux website. Orders over $50 get free shipping.
Another option is you can buy them on Amazon too! I don’t know how this works with the money-back guarantee, but with Amazon Prime, you can get the whitening kit in just 2 days – in case you’re in a hurry.
(If you’re not already a Prime member, you can snag a 30 days FREE trial of Prime Membership)
If after reading this Lumineux review you decide that their all-natural whitening kit not for you, here are a few alternatives that might fit your needs better:
- Snow Teeth Whitening: An LED teeth whitening system for sensitive teeth
- Crest White Strips
- iSmile Teeth Whitening Kit
- SmileDirectClub Teeth Whitening Gel Kit
Have you tried the Lumineux Whitening Kit? If so, what did you think? If I missed anything you think should be included in this Lumineux review, please leave a comment below – I’d love to hear!!
Looking For More Product Reviews & Deals?
- Crowd Cow Review (2023) with Pictures!
- 25+ Best Keto Snacks You Need to Stock Up On This Month (Low-Carb Finds)
- Fresh N’ Lean Review (2023): What to Expect from This Meal Delivery Service
- Good Chop Review: Everything You Need to Know + $100 Off
- 5 BEST Matcha Whisk You Can Buy on Amazon
- Chowbus Review (2023) + $10 Off Coupon
- 7+ Must-Have Travel Wallets, According To Reviews
- My Urthbox Review + Get A FREE Box!
- (2023) 10 Best Gift Sets for Women on Amazon
- 12 Best Air Fryers Under $100
- 7 Best Travel Kettles For Your Next Trip
- (2023) 11+ Best Travel Toothbrush for Sparkling Clean Teeth
- Vivoo Review: Everything You Need to Know About the At-Home Wellness Test
- 13+ Best Travel Backpacks for Women
- CAUSEBOX Winter 2023 Review + $10 Coupon!
- 21+ Best Gluten-Free Protein Bars (2023)
- My Organifi Red Juice Review + 15% Off
- (2023) MasterClass Cooking Review: Is The MasterClass Culinary Arts Course Any Good?
- 5 Best Travel Fishing Rod in 2023 – The Ultimate Fan-Favorites!
- Cratejoy Review (2023): 7 Best Cratejoy Subscription Boxes To Try This Month
- My Honest Review of Kencko Instant Smoothies (2020)
- Mighty Fix Subscription Review + 72% Off Coupon
- 13+ Must-Try Wine Subscription Boxes And Best Wine Clubs In 2023
- ButcherBox Review + Unboxing (2023) : Is Butcher Box Worth It?
- 2023 Kencko Review (Updated) : I Tried ALL the Kencko Smoothies Flavors!
- An Honest Review Of Splendid Spoon Meal Subscription
- 11+ Best Meat Cleavers on Amazon, According to Customer Reviews
Copyright © All Rights Reserved. Content is written by Michelle Schmidt of dwellbymichelle.com.